Provo, UT
Students enrolled: 1,962

Posted May 22, 2014
Timpview High School stands as an example of excellence. We actually moved here from across the country so that our kids could enjoy the benefits of the Timpview experience. Two of our children currently study there and we could not be happier with the quality of their teachers, staff and opportunities. The Timpview community offers great school spirit and all students are encouraged to participate in development opportunities, activities, events, clubs, and so on the number of titles won and scholarships granted are proof that overall these are hard-working students, faculty and staff. Every effort is made to help willing students succeed and thrive.

Posted April 13, 2014
I love Timpview. Most of the teachers seem to really care about my kids. There are good program choices, and the counselors are very helpful. We chose to move to our house specifically for Timpview, and have not been disappointed.

Timpview High School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
Timpview is by far one of the best schools in the state. Those who complain about clicks and popularity have probably not been to any other schools. Timpview is much more unified and safer than most anywhere else. The football program receives a lot of DONATED money simply because they make a lot more money for the school. They aren't "taking" it from other programs. Most all of the teachers are great and very caring. The administration is the only reason I can't give five stars. Overall, Timpview is among the best.

Timpview High School 1

Posted May 27, 2013
I left Timpview after 3 terms. I had a couple friends, but it's almost impossible to fit in here if you're not of a certain Religion or rich. I would say the school is based off of religion. Only my art class and running class didn't have religious discussions. The teachers and counselors are not supportive, they told me that I needed to stop pursuing art, because I was never going to make it. Also a large portion of the teachers don't actually teach, instead they give you a worksheet and tell you to do it or put on a movie while they text. I would not call timpview a safe learning environment, you're either rich, religious, or you're nobody. It's not just the students doing the bullying it's partially the teachers. Also it seems other than religion, football is the sole focus of the school. Where they have there own building and custom leather chairs, just for football.

Timpview High School 2

Posted September 14, 2011
i left Timpview after one term. Even though I had many friends, I was a good student, and on the volleyball team. I still felt that I had no one. The cliques and the social standing is everything there. If you sit at a certain bench that doesn't belong to you a whole fight could break out. You get treated differently by what you look like and what you do. The school is so big that no one really sees you or hears you, especially the teachers. My math class had 40 kids in it and I learned absolutely nothing. I missed school one day and none of the teachers would help me to make up that day. They sad that it is up to me to be punctual, and that they don't need to waste their time. How punctual do I have to be with the flu? I don't reccommend Timpview at all.

Posted September 20, 2010
The previous commenter is obviously misinformed. The football team does huge fund raisers to earn money for their program. The "all sports center" was actually donated in full for the football team. No school money was used to pay for it. Maybe if parents wanted to donate for books instead of for sports, they could. Funding for textbooks comes from the district and it is never enough, especially since Timpview has to give part of their budget to Provo High. The administration not only has representation at EVERY sporting event, boys and girls, they also attend every play, band concert, choir concert and other extra curriculur activities. I doubt most school administrations take the time to do that. I know mine didn't. As far as recommending the school, it is always at the top of the state in not just sports, but also academics, music and other areas.

Timpview High School 1

Posted June 15, 2010
The teachers on an average are okay, there are some great ones in the mix and some classes that are a complete waste of time but you get that at every school. The absolute worst thing about timpview are the administration. They don't care at ALL about any of the students or their activities unless they are on the football team or boys basketball team. They are rude, inconsiderate and spend the schools budget money on the football center (its supposed to be an all sports center but the only teams who gets to use it is football) instead of new books. the football team is awesome though but if you aren't into football than i would not recommend this school to you. I vote give the kids more power!! Student gov has no power to make a difference! The administration has too much power, check and balance system?!?!?!

Timpview High School 0

Posted April 15, 2010
My son left Timpview after two years of being treated as a nobody. The school is so huge that office staff know you simply as a number. He got tired of career advisors saying things like 'What's your number?' and acting like they just met him even though he may have talked to them just days before. He says he honestly can't remember any staff calling him by name in two years of attendance. He wasn't one of the most popular or one of the richest...so he didn't count. This is a major problem at Timpview.

Timpview High School 3

Posted January 01, 2010

Timpview High School 3

Posted January 01, 2010

Timpview High School
3570 North 650 East, Provo, UT  84604
Last modified Timpview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timpview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top