1,999 students|Provo District

Bad
Good

Timpview High School stands as an example of excellence. We actually moved here from across the country so that our kids could enjoy the benefits of the Timpview experience. Two of our children currently study there and we could not be happier with the quality of their teachers, staff and opportunities. The Timpview community offers great school spirit and all students are encouraged to participate in development opportunities, activities, events, clubs, and so on the number of titles won and scholarships granted are proof that overall these are hard-working students, faculty and staff. Every effort is made to help willing students succeed and thrive.

I love Timpview. Most of the teachers seem to really care about my kids. There are good program choices, and the counselors are very helpful. We chose to move to our house specifically for Timpview, and have not been disappointed.

Timpview is by far one of the best schools in the state. Those who complain about clicks and popularity have probably not been to any other schools. Timpview is much more unified and safer than most anywhere else. The football program receives a lot of DONATED money simply because they make a lot more money for the school. They aren't "taking" it from other programs. Most all of the teachers are great and very caring. The administration is the only reason I can't give five stars. Overall, Timpview is among the best.

I left Timpview after 3 terms. I had a couple friends, but it's almost impossible to fit in here if you're not of a certain Religion or rich. I would say the school is based off of religion. Only my art class and running class didn't have religious discussions. The teachers and counselors are not supportive, they told me that I needed to stop pursuing art, because I was never going to make it. Also a large portion of the teachers don't actually teach, instead they give you a worksheet and tell you to do it or put on a movie while they text. I would not call timpview a safe learning environment, you're either rich, religious, or you're nobody. It's not just the students doing the bullying it's partially the teachers. Also it seems other than religion, football is the sole focus of the school. Where they have there own building and custom leather chairs, just for football.

i left Timpview after one term. Even though I had many friends, I was a good student, and on the volleyball team. I still felt that I had no one. The cliques and the social standing is everything there. If you sit at a certain bench that doesn't belong to you a whole fight could break out. You get treated differently by what you look like and what you do. The school is so big that no one really sees you or hears you, especially the teachers. My math class had 40 kids in it and I learned absolutely nothing. I missed school one day and none of the teachers would help me to make up that day. They sad that it is up to me to be punctual, and that they don't need to waste their time. How punctual do I have to be with the flu? I don't reccommend Timpview at all.

The previous commenter is obviously misinformed. The football team does huge fund raisers to earn money for their program. The "all sports center" was actually donated in full for the football team. No school money was used to pay for it. Maybe if parents wanted to donate for books instead of for sports, they could. Funding for textbooks comes from the district and it is never enough, especially since Timpview has to give part of their budget to Provo High. The administration not only has representation at EVERY sporting event, boys and girls, they also attend every play, band concert, choir concert and other extra curriculur activities. I doubt most school administrations take the time to do that. I know mine didn't. As far as recommending the school, it is always at the top of the state in not just sports, but also academics, music and other areas.

The teachers on an average are okay, there are some great ones in the mix and some classes that are a complete waste of time but you get that at every school. The absolute worst thing about timpview are the administration. They don't care at ALL about any of the students or their activities unless they are on the football team or boys basketball team. They are rude, inconsiderate and spend the schools budget money on the football center (its supposed to be an all sports center but the only teams who gets to use it is football) instead of new books. the football team is awesome though but if you aren't into football than i would not recommend this school to you. I vote give the kids more power!! Student gov has no power to make a difference! The administration has too much power, check and balance system?!?!?!

My son left Timpview after two years of being treated as a nobody. The school is so huge that office staff know you simply as a number. He got tired of career advisors saying things like 'What's your number?' and acting like they just met him even though he may have talked to them just days before. He says he honestly can't remember any staff calling him by name in two years of attendance. He wasn't one of the most popular or one of the richest...so he didn't count. This is a major problem at Timpview.

I went to Timpview and was always amazed at some of the things I heard about the supposed cliques and how snobby some kids were. While no doubt a few kids are stuck up you will find that anywhere. In my group of friends we had one kid whose family was on welfare, another whose dad was a managing director at Bear Stearns, and everything in between and we got along great. Out of the same group we have one kid at Harvard Business School right now as well as one kid still in his parents basement. Your social environment is what you make of it. I am always amazed when I hear a kid say he hated high school. For me Timpview was a great time. As far as academics go Timpview is likely in the top 5 schools in the state. Great teachers and curriculum

As a current student at Timpview, I'll have to agree with most of the reviews. The schools does have wonderful teachers with expertice in their feild. However, cliques are still very prominant. I don't agree that students refuse to go out of their way to include others > The exceptions are few, but there are still exceptions. All of the extracurricular atendees are pushed very hard and are very busy, but this does lead to great success in that aspect. I have to comment that the homework is time-consuming and that the attendance policy is restrictive, but I guess that doesn't matter to a school that is all about success. Students can get help at after school programs which is very convenient. I give this school a 3/5 for its negligence towards the student body and also for its outstanding staff and extracurriculars.

Last modified Timpview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.