318 students|Provo District

Bad
Good

I love this school. My high schooler needed assistance with quite a few things that she wouldn't be able to have at the main high school. The principal (Lani) is amazing and accessible. The majority of teachers do their best to accommodate your student and help them either graduate from IHS or make up credits efficiently so they may return to their neighborhood high school. I wish they had more after school programs but I understand how funding goes for individual schools. I couldn't recommend them enough if your teen needs a program like this.

I am currently a Senior at IHS. IHS is the best high school in Provo. Although it lacks extracurricular activities, this school does everything it can to help students. At Provo High i often felt like I was dumb or often neglected by some of the teachers. But at IHS everybody cares for you, and they spend hours just to help students with homework. If IHS had more activities, it would be way better, but with the lack of funds they give us, it is really hard. Everyone says Independence is a school for trouble makers, or 'potheads'but that is not true. Independence students are amazing. I recommend this school.

I attended this school barley last year. I was attending provo high freshman through half of my jr. Year and i even went back to provo high senior year when i was all caught up on credits but i went back to independence because i liked i it better, i had friends at both schools but i liked how the teachers treated you no matter if you there for misbehaving or lack of attendance..All students were the same. I also liked how the teachers focused more on the students and how we called them by their first name so we can get along with them easier, well at first for me it was kind of awkward because i'm used to calling a teacher mr/mrs. Whatever their last name is, but then i got used to calling them by their first name. But otherwise i recommend this school for all.

I attended IHS my freshman year. I like how the teachers were more focused on their students. Its a school like no other. I enjoyed my experience at IHS but I recommend a mainstream or regular high school rather than an alternative. Although a good school IHS is, it lacks alot of the what a high school experience should be. I mean extracurricular activties. There's barely any sports, no homecoming, prom, etc.

Last modified Independence High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-12