Provo, UT

Posted December 01, 2014
The best decision I have made for my son was to send him to Heritage. He is doing great there!

Posted September 30, 2013
I cannot say enough about how good Heritage is. My son is thriving at Heritage. While it was the hardest thing we ever did to place him out of state it was also the best. From the top down the entire staff cares about what happens to our children. Highly recommended.

Posted September 22, 2013
Heritage is much more than a residential treatment school. It incorporates excellent therapeutic options from one-on-one counseling, group work, recreation therapy, and a comprehensive phase program. In addition, their support for each family is compassionate, educational, and comprehensive. Our son is doing great and has learned so much at this amazing place.

Posted June 28, 2013
My son was failing school, behind 2 grades, constantly fighting for years. He went to Heritage in Jan of 2013 and now gets a straight A's he respects his therapist Mark Hutchinson. The program was effective in a very short period of time. According to my son the campus is safe and the children are treated well. God Bless Heritage.

Heritage Schools 4

Posted October 28, 2012
My son has been here over 6 months due to severe drug and alcohol use. He is doing really well. The staff are really the nicest people who truly care. The kids are learning boundaries and self control. Heritage has a beautiful campus, dorms, etc. What I like most is that they do a lot of activities with the kids. My son had socially checked out of society except to do drugs. He now is excited about soccer and acting in a play, and is a different kid. He struggles with being homesick which is normal. But I sleep at night knowing he's safe and getting the help he needs.

Posted February 12, 2009
Taking my autistic (asperger) teenage daughter to a new school in a different state, was extremely difficult - but we are so happy that we did, as she has blossomed into vibrant, caring and reality based person we had prayed for. God bless Heritage Schools!!

Posted May 03, 2006
Sending my then 14 yr okd daughter to Heritage was the hardest but best decision I have ever made. She had a F average and now has continued a 3.8 GPA The treatment she has received is EXCELLENT they have addressed her Bi-Polar and helped us to stabilize her.We were funded by our state except a 1500 patch fee that Heritage waived for us.I can not say enough good things about this school/treatment facility.Now the time has come to move my daughter back to our state and to a level 12 facility.Heritage is a level 14. One last thing do not be afraid of the ISU unit it turned out to be a very safe and loving place when my child was out of control.

Heritage Schools 3

Posted November 16, 2005
I personaly was enrolled into Heritage by my parents who wanted me to seek treatment with the personal problems in which i was facing at the time. I was enrolled at the age of 17 and stayed at the school from Jan. of 2004 till the end of Nov. of 2004. The Program and treatmen helped shape me and set me on the right track. But the high school experience was a more damaging than i would have thought. Principal leadership is weak, teacher quality can vary, extracurricular activities is excellent though, and parent involvement can vary depending on who the 'achedemic Advisor' is. Safty in classes is always a first priority, yet discipline varies for each teacher. All in all the Heritage achedemic overall grade rating in my opinion is a C to C+. The school needs to knuckle down on disciplinary tactics in order to sucssfully teach students profesionally.

Posted August 03, 2005
My daughter was an honor student at home and has been able to keep up at that level.She is taking college level work on line from byu.The school has families from multiple cultural backgrounds from latin,to hindu to jew to african-american and anglo.My only regret is i did not send her to utah sooner to make the commitment was a struggle i will never regret.

Heritage Schools