Ivy Hall Academy

Private | PK-8 | 102 students

Living in Provo

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $147,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $590.

Sweep tile

Posted May 8, 2013

My son attended this school. And, a word of caution about it. Teachers are non-certified. The principal LOVES the rhetoric of expanded, enriched curriculum. But, in reality, her leadership (as one reviewer below noted) doesn't go much farther than a Saxon bubble. They do offer art, drama & music--but, their "idea" of art, music & drama is easily matched by most day cares. Maybe a good social match for some. But, nothing authentically superior, or even up to par with most public schools in the area. There are other private school options--which actually deliver what Ivy Hall touts. Unfortunately Ivy Hall isn't one of them.

Posted October 5, 2011

I would recommend Ivy Hall Academy. My daughter is always happy and eager to go each day. The curriculum level is a full year above the public schools, and any behavioral issues are quickly and properly addressed. The class sizes are small and my child is receiving the individual attention she would not get if she were attending a public school.

Posted October 20, 2010

An institutional "stuffed shirt". The culture and atmosphere there is profoundly uptight and overly pompous. What lies beneath is a faculty with very few degrees in Education. And, a curriculum that is scripted. they seem to believe they can hire "anyone" to come read the script. That's a low-quality education, cloaked in a nice buiding, and pompous culture.

Posted June 18, 2010

My child attended this school for about 5 months--after which we pulled him out because he was coming home VERY anxious each day. He also began obsessing about doing "something wrong". And worrying about his teacher getting mad at him. He is a well-behaved boy. And never ran this kind of anxiety before. We did pull him out & put him in another private school--where he was immediately much happier. Ivy Hall may be a good match for some. But, as a parent, I would recommend thoroughly checking it out (beyond a guided tour of their nice building). They strive to make a first impression that conveys more individualized learning, and strict rules about bullying, etc ... Which is all fine and good. They also do a good job of keeping parents involved in curriculum and learning. But, after attending (5-months), we found it cold and overly strict.

Posted March 9, 2010

This is a amazing pool. the diving board to the swim class. I just love it.

Posted February 5, 2010

My daughter was stressed out at Ivy Hall. She is happy go lucky now that she is in public school.

Posted December 31, 2009

They put on a good show for the parents. The director is stressed out and has a very cold demeanor. Not at all worth the money. The building is nice though.

Posted October 20, 2009

My daughter attended this school for 3 years. During which time I was sure she was receiving an advanced curriculum. But, when she started public school in 9th grade, guess what?? She was behind. In the end, I don't believe she was well-served by this school.

Posted July 9, 2009

Ivy Hall has been the best school for our children. It encourages responsibility and caring. My children have excelled academically and socially. The teachers have been so personal and caring. The leadership in incredible. They make changes when they need to be made for the good of the students. The teachers are amazing! We love it!

Posted June 30, 2009

I am passionate about Ivy Hall Academy! My son has excelled in SO many ways since starting here. My son was in numerous fights in public school and now at Ivy Hall, his peers are his family. His grades have soared! I am so happy with the well rounded curriculum and numerous activities and sheer patriotism displayed and encouraged at Ivy Hall. Bringing my son to Ivy Hall was the best decision I have made.

Posted April 2, 2009

The teachers don't stay long. Some of them don't even make it through the school year. When you are paying $500. plus a month, you would hope to see some stabilaty.

Posted April 15, 2008

Great school. Their one main drawback--they stop at grade eight and we had to leave. Very well run, very financially stable, very clean and nice facility. A willingness to listen and teach to your child.

Posted November 14, 2006

I have two children in Junior High at Ivy Hall, they have been there since Pre K. Ivy Hall is one of the best decisions we have made concerning our children. They are having a much more in depth, accelerated, and more rounded education than their non Ivy Hall friends. Improper behavior and language are not permitted. It is not uncommon to see older childen show concern and care for younger children. I know that Ivy Hall is playing a large role in helping shape my children into productive, caring, well learned individuals. There is a great atmosphere there! I cannot say enough good about this school.

Posted September 26, 2006

My child has attended Ivy Hall Academy for the past three years. I have nothing but profuse praise for the teachers, principal, curriculum and facility! The students receive tremendous amounts of individual attention. There is great emphasis on reading. Students are challenged while being treated with respect. There are high expectations for good behavior. Bad language and mean behavior are not tolerated. There is a wonderful spirit of camaraderie among students, parents, staff and faculty. I give the highest recommendation for Ivy Hall Academy.

Posted March 12, 2006

I love having my kids at Ivy Hall. The expectations are high, and the students are motivated by excellent teachers. Good behavior is the norm, kids are used to rigorous academics, and I feel confident that my children are being well prepared for high school and college.

Posted January 17, 2006

I love this school! The curriculum level is a full year above the public schools, children are given extra attention because of the small class sizes, respect and good behavior are strongly encouraged. The teachers keep in close contact with parents and any issues are quickly addressed. The faculty all know my children and they know me and I feel among friends when I visit the school. I'm so glad we found Ivy Hall!

Posted July 5, 2005

My children attend Ivy Hall, and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the education they are getting. One child is in junior high, which can be a very difficult age, but he LOVES school! The teachers are very in tune with my kids and what they can do to motivate them to excell. Student behavior is well-monitored--and I love that teachers don't allow students to speak negatively about others.

Posted November 15, 2004

Our son attended Ivy Hall when they were located in the Ridge Athletic Club. He made the comment, 'I learned more at Ivy Hall in one year than all the years before at public school.' He loved the teachers, the subjects taught, his confidence soared - he was very happy there and definitely excelled beyond what we ever expected.

Two or more races 4% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 3% N/A
Asian 2% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious