Posted May 08, 2013
My son attended this school. And, a word of caution about it. Teachers are non-certified. The principal LOVES the rhetoric of expanded, enriched curriculum. But, in reality, her leadership (as one reviewer below noted) doesn't go much farther than a Saxon bubble. They do offer art, drama & music--but, their "idea" of art, music & drama is easily matched by most day cares. Maybe a good social match for some. But, nothing authentically superior, or even up to par with most public schools in the area. There are other private school options--which actually deliver what Ivy Hall touts. Unfortunately Ivy Hall isn't one of them.

Ivy Hall Academy 5

Posted October 05, 2011
I would recommend Ivy Hall Academy. My daughter is always happy and eager to go each day. The curriculum level is a full year above the public schools, and any behavioral issues are quickly and properly addressed. The class sizes are small and my child is receiving the individual attention she would not get if she were attending a public school.

Posted October 20, 2010
An institutional "stuffed shirt". The culture and atmosphere there is profoundly uptight and overly pompous. What lies beneath is a faculty with very few degrees in Education. And, a curriculum that is scripted. they seem to believe they can hire "anyone" to come read the script. That's a low-quality education, cloaked in a nice buiding, and pompous culture.

Posted June 18, 2010
My child attended this school for about 5 months--after which we pulled him out because he was coming home VERY anxious each day. He also began obsessing about doing "something wrong". And worrying about his teacher getting mad at him. He is a well-behaved boy. And never ran this kind of anxiety before. We did pull him out & put him in another private school--where he was immediately much happier. Ivy Hall may be a good match for some. But, as a parent, I would recommend thoroughly checking it out (beyond a guided tour of their nice building). They strive to make a first impression that conveys more individualized learning, and strict rules about bullying, etc ... Which is all fine and good. They also do a good job of keeping parents involved in curriculum and learning. But, after attending (5-months), we found it cold and overly strict.

Posted March 09, 2010
This is a amazing pool. the diving board to the swim class. I just love it.

Posted February 05, 2010
My daughter was stressed out at Ivy Hall. She is happy go lucky now that she is in public school.

Posted December 31, 2009
They put on a good show for the parents. The director is stressed out and has a very cold demeanor. Not at all worth the money. The building is nice though.

Ivy Hall Academy 1

Posted December 30, 2009

Posted October 20, 2009
My daughter attended this school for 3 years. During which time I was sure she was receiving an advanced curriculum. But, when she started public school in 9th grade, guess what?? She was behind. In the end, I don't believe she was well-served by this school.

Posted July 09, 2009
Ivy Hall has been the best school for our children. It encourages responsibility and caring. My children have excelled academically and socially. The teachers have been so personal and caring. The leadership in incredible. They make changes when they need to be made for the good of the students. The teachers are amazing! We love it!

Ivy Hall Academy