No rating

D and K Day Care/Preschool

Private | PK-2, 4

Student diversity

Living in Riverton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $244,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted November 7, 2013

My son has done daycare, preschool and kindergarten. The teachers are always in such a great mood and so fun. I love the big yard and that they spend so much time outside. He learns so much and really has grown because of the wonderful staff.

Posted May 28, 2012

I have worked at dk for 7 years. The directors are great. They love the children and expect only the best from the teachers. I have my two children at the center also I wouldn't take them anywhere else. They do teach love and logic the relationship with my kids has improved because of what the directors have taught me. A recent reviewer wrote they don't potty train this is false I can accredit both my kids being potty trained to dk. I for one am glad they require pull ups until the kids r completely ready. Who wants their kids playing on soiled carpet. Most of the parents we have at dk came to dk when they were little and now they bring their kids. Call and get references from people who have been their years anyone can write a review call and ask for references u will find most people have had their children with dk from infants to school age. Alot of their after school workers are former dk students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 24, 2012

This is a terrible daycare! I have worked with children for over ten years and have never experienced workers and a director that were as rude and unorganized. I was hired by them and in my first day quit and left within the hour, with my two year old son hyperventilating and crying. They are lazy and don't want to potty train children; My child is dry in the day and they said he had to put on pull ups, stating it is state law to use only pull-ups; this is not so and they should have proper body fluid cleaning kits for such accidents. When I asked to put one on him and explain to my child he would still need to tell them when he needed to go potty, they said I couldn't go in the room because it would undermine the teacher. (Remember, my son has known them less than ten minutes) .At nap time the worker was unfriendly and didn't even try to make my son feel comfortable. Children were sobbing and no-one seemed to care. When I worked in daycare before, we would put on soft music and sing a song to let the children help us set out mats, and if they were sad we would sit by them and rub their back and calm them. They say they teach Love and Logic but they certainly don't practice it.

Posted February 19, 2012

Love this Daycare! My husband and I love this place! Don't believe the reviews. I have been taking my kids to D&K for years. My oldest is in high school and my baby is 2. It's a shame people have been so nasty about this place. Most of the staff have been there for years, and they love the kids. My daughter had a dance recital this past december, her teacher and the director both came to watch. My son also plays soccer and they both came to see him play. They plan fun activities each week for the kids and my kids love it there. The directors are taking the kids to IHOP this week for a fun surprise. I love the family atmosphere and the genuine attention they give to each of my kids. They are concerned about the kids and me as well. Whenever i have had a problem it was fixed immediately. Don't believe the reviews these ladies are genuine they take time out of there personal lives to attend my kids activites.

Posted February 10, 2012

duuff hi people your brains will be lost at d and k ok ko ok

Posted December 28, 2011

This is the best daycare I have ever experienced. The teachers care about the children and they make sure the parents are involved. I also had a daughter in the Kindergarten, and when she started 1st grade, she was above average. At Christmas time they always have a Santa Claus come to the school to visit each and every student. The students get to interact with Santa Claus and receive a present from him. My kids are excited to go to school everyday and learn. I would highly recommend D&K Daycare.

Posted June 21, 2011

D&K is the worst daycare I have ever seen. First of all, my daughter's clothes were bleached. Shouldn't they make sure the changing table is dry before changing the babies' clothes? Furthermore, my baby would not drink her formula when she was there. They told me that they just couldn't get her to drink her formula. Sometimes she only got to drink 1 oz of formula per day. I told them to try it again an hour later and they told me that she would have to wait for another 4 hours because that's the state regulation. So I tried to make sure that I heard it right by saying that then she would have to go hungry then. And to my surprise, they insisted, "that's the state regulation". Are you kidding me? She was only 8 months old. As soon as I took her to the other daycare(Skool days), she was drinking her formula just fine. The care takers did have to sing to her and rock her before she would drink her formula for the first few days. But she was eating just fine there. You can clearly see D&K is only in for money. They don't care about your kids. I would NOT recommend D&K to any parents.

Posted April 8, 2011

This daycare hid inappropriate misconduct amongst children and when brought to their attention began harassing the child whose parent brought it forward. Non-apologetic, not concerned about childrens safety. Only concerned about their money.

Posted July 2, 2009

D and K adycare is truely the best. My daughter has been going there since she was 4 months old and she is 1. She has learned so much and the teachers are the best. I rate this daycare as number 1. My daughter loves going to school everyday.

Posted June 30, 2009

D & K is the BEST!! My daughter went to their Kindergarten(and daycare) and has never loved going somewhere so much every day! All the teachers are awesome, and she is entering 1st grade on a 2nd grade reading and math level

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Latter Day Saints

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious