776 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Agree

From what I have seen this is true, however since I don't have a child with learning difficult I don't feel like I can answer "strongly agree" so I will go with "agree" since as far as I understand and have observed, this is true.

Two of my children attend Southland and we have had a great experience there. We have loved every one of the teachers we have had so far. Both of my children are in the Chinese Immersion program and enjoy it and I feel they are getting a quality education. The principle is very good from the interaction that I've had with her and when I requested to meet with her for a question I had about one of my children she worked me in same day and was very nice and approachable. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. My kids are constantly coming home with art projects and other things they do that go above and beyond the regular curriculum and it seems that all the staff at the school g out of their way to make the children feel cared for. School activities are well put together. We really like the Leader in Me program they incorporate into the school and classrooms. I can't think of any negatives in our three years at the school. I'm glad we were able to do the Chinese Immersion and appreciate the experience it is giving my children. Southland teachers, principle, and staff - thank you for all you do! The parents and children notice and care about your hard work and dedication to making the school a great one!

Three of our kids have attended Southland. The teachers are great to work with, and want to help the kids learn. Have not been impressed with the principal who is never available, always busy. Parent involvement is a must. If you get involved things always run smoother, and you understand how things operate.

My daughter has attended Southland for grades 1-6. She has been very happy and has excelled academically. All but one of her teachers has been excellent. This school provides a very positive and safe environment. You just have to walk through the halls of this school to know most of these kids are happy and well adjusted. One negative would be that the before/after school programs are very limited.

I have used this school for speech services for one of our children. The child is there for less than 1 hr, once a week. Within approximately 6 weeks time, he was sworn at by another student, listened to another child unleash a string of profanity towards a peer & then was also sworn at by a parent when he didn't know where to cross to get to the building. The teachers have been very kind.

My daughter has attended this school for 4 years and has had a wonderful experience. Her teachers have been great and the two principals we have seen have excellent control in the school. They do not tolerate bullying. The music programs are also very good.

I think this school has some of the worst teachers i have ever had to deal with in my 20 years of having children in an elementary school.

Last modified Southland School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.