922 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We truly have given this school a chance. When we first moved to the area, we were warned that there was some pretty intense issues with bullying and overall negative experiences. After 2 years, I agree with the majority of our neighborhood, and pulling my kids out to attend a local charter school. Rather then discipline and correct a bully's behavior, the teachers and administrators choose to ignore it. One of my older children has come home with scrapes and bruises. After contacting the teacher 4 times throughout the year, we decided to contact the principal. She assured us he would be looked over and the correct steps would be taken to help him feel safe and confident. Rather, he came home two days later with a bruised rib, a note from the "bully" in his backpack saying "I hate you", and being isolated from his friends due to the "bully" intimidating and threatening. Basically, if you want your child to have a positive, uncomplicated elementary experience, DO NOT ATTEND ROSE CREEK.

We have been at this school going on 3 years now and it has improved over time. I love the new prinicpal Tami Bird and the PTA is great. Parents are very involved and we have had some pretty good teachers. My kids love it and have made some great friends here.

The Principal and the front desk staff went beyond their duty to help my sons feel apart of this school. My eldest son is Autistic and does not like change so this is a big step for him, he met his teacher last night and on the way home told me Mom this will do. As a struggling parent at this time I have to say it is such a relief to know I can trust again and to know they will do there best to keep my children safe.

This school is a great school and I love having my kids attend here. My kids have loved all of their teachers, even the ones I have been told to stay away from. I have found that many of the parents in this area talk big and complain about the teachers at this school and I have found out later that these are all just false, incorrect rumors that can be very harmful. Every teacher at this school that I have come in contact with is wonderful and loves teaching. None of them are perfect but all of them care about the children at this school. I would highly recommend this school and also recommend to stop listening to the rumors and go be a part of your child's education.

I have loved having my student at Rose Creek Elementary. The principal is so good to work with and I have appreciated how involved she is with all of the students. I have been impressed that she seems to know every student by name, and she always is pleasant and upbeat. I also have been impressed with many of the teachers and how hard they work for the students. Many of the teachers go the extra mile.

This school is the worst school I have ever seen. The Principal is a joke. She has no clue what is going on. You have first grade teachers who don't even teach. They hand out packets, have movie time for an hour, story reading for an hour, play time for an hour and the test scores relect it. They are hard core union and don't show up until their contract time starts and they leave as soon as it is up. One teacher has two ESL kids in her class and does not speak the language these kids need. There are two other teachers that teach the same grade and are fluent, but they leave the kids in the class with the teacher who can't even communicate with the ESL kids. They pack 5 special needs kids into one class with no teacher assistant and only put one in the other two teachers classes. The principal is not even in the school 90% of the time and leaves the secretary in charge. This prinicpal is why public schools are failing. Some of the teachers really care and try hard, but get zero support from the joke of a principal. If you are thinking of putting your child in this class, don't. You will regret it. Someone from the district should investigate what it is going.

Love this School... Great leadership w/ the principal. The school is always CLEAN and Quite when I have gone in to the school.

There is a 50/50 chance that your child will be stuck with one of many teachers who should not be teaching. We had a horrible experience. By the time he left that grade he hated school. We complained to the administration and district about her uncaring, mean, and indifferent attitude towards the students and they did NOTHING. Our other son was in the speech/language program due to his dissability. They went through several speech teachers during the year and basically he received no services that year. He was never challenged in this school and wasn't a discipline problem so he was basically left alone by the teachers. We have pulled all of our children from this school and they attend a charter school which is wonderful and they are challenged in their education and love school again. Beware of Rose Creek.

My son Loves this school. We are moving soon and he is net at all happy about it. He loved his 1st grade teacher, Ms. Rubalcava but his favorite teacher ever has been his 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Spencer. He raves about her everyday. They have done a good job getting my son help with reading by setting him up with an in school tutor for him. Now he on the Honor Roll! The staff and admin. is great at rewarding this kids for good behavior and performance. It will be hard to find another school quite like this one.

Rose Creek Elementary is a wonderful school. The staff and teachers are extremely professional and friendly. Ms. Oakley, for example, is an incredible teacher and individual. We have also loved Mrs. Easton, but we could go on and on. Rose Creek is just a great school and I am very thankful my children are going there.

Last modified Rose Creek School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.