South Hills Middle School 3

Posted January 07, 2013
I was a student at South Hills for all three years (7th to 9th grade). While I did have a few great teachers, the majority of the school's teachers were not that great and the administration was off and on. To be completely honest, it felt more like a juvenile detention center than a school. It was as if the administration expected every student to be rebellious, and their top priority was rule enforcement. Not allowing students to leave the lunchroom during lunch, not allowing students to chew gum, monitoring the halls, and handing out "After-School Detentions" and "In-School Suspensions" all seemed to be more important than ensuring the best education for students. We all know how middle schoolers are; they're trying to fit in, but I feel like, if they would've been less obsessive with rule enforcement, that students would be more likely to follow the rules. Extracurricular opportunities are slim, and classes offered are almost all general education. In the end, though, I still had some good times at this school, with some good teachers, and learned enough to still make it a decent school.

Posted July 19, 2009
this school is amazing i think it gives my chirldren a great education.

South Hills Middle School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
South Hills Middle School has some of the best teachers my child has had the privledge of being taught by. I have been there many times, trying to stay involved with my childs learning.. Middle school is hard, it takes somebody special to teach it, I have no complaints..

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted November 28, 2008
I came to So Hills from Oquirrh Hills MS whose exec staff were a dissapointment. I noticed a difference right away. The principal was a 'get r done' type. She & her staff are very conscious about every student & their feelings. The Vice Principals do their jobs very efficiently (discipline.) 90% of the teachers are fabulous! (No school has 100%) They email me weekly if my students have issues. The counseling staff & the special needs staff are wonderful & involved! There are extra curricular activities: girls & boys sports; The Green Team; PTSA school & evening events. The new online grading system, Skyward, is awesome! Parents can view students' daily work & missing assignments & lunch account. Of course, I involve myself as a parent in the school too. I love this school!

South Hills Middle School 1

Posted October 09, 2008

South Hills Middle School 1

Posted December 04, 2007
Powerschool was a big issue for me; it was always about 2 weeks behind. My son struggled a lot, and yes he was talkative in class but when I asked one of his teachers if he can be moved to a different seat I was told there is nothing they can do. This was the case with other teachers as well. I was left with the impression that they don't want to have any control over their class, or help anyone who is struggling. In my opinion a teacher's responsibility is to help and make sure their students are understanding the work. In my experience, this was definitely not the case with this school.

South Hills Middle School 4

Posted November 27, 2007

South Hills Middle School 2

Posted July 31, 2007
This school has been a great disappointment. Our son struggled throughout the year and was not successful at all. We met with the teachers several times and walked out feeling like we just wasted their time.Powerschool was rarely up to date. We are definitely looking for a new school.

South Hills Middle School 2

Posted January 07, 2007
South Hills Middle School boasts that it is one of the best schools in the state. The staff spends so much time worrying about whether or not their students are courteous enough, that they forget their main purpose. There are absolutely no extracurricular activities. Mostly, the children are left to fend for themselves. South hills Middle is a very dry, unbecoming place, which is not good.

South Hills Middle School
13508 South 4000 West, Riverton, UT  84065
Last modified South Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Hills Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top