1,192 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

Posted May 07, 2014
Principals changed recently, though the new one (very nice ,but wont permit bullying if they see it or a teacher reports it) seems like they want to stay. Good counselors and staff, but they have too many students for such a small building. Like any school, there are good and bad teachers depending on how your kid learns. The teachers are always willing, if you tell them what you need help with. Also, it IS middle school, meaning, the students need friends, if you cant find some its not going to be enjoyable(of course!!). Overall they are a good school but underfunded.

Posted November 22, 2010
Excellent school. Caring teachers. Outstanding Principal. I am very impressed with this school. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for an academic program with teachers who care.

Posted April 06, 2010
I feel this school only offers lip service to everything. I'm currently looking for another school for my child. I do not care for alot of these teachers, because they could careless for my child and her learning. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 25, 2009
My experience at this school has been a very rewarding one. I feel the teachers really care about the subjects they teach, and try their best to help each student succeed! I have not noticed any bullying or unprofessional dressing habits on the teachers part during my 2 years at this school. And i'm looking forward to another great year at this amazing school!

Posted March 31, 2009
Most of the teachers are inqdequate and unwilling to work with parents. Students do not learn, they only regress at this school. Leadership is dismal at best. Assignments are never up to date in Skyward. Fortunately, we moved our student to another school. However, my student did have a teacher or two she enjoyed.

Posted November 18, 2007
The school Administration is the worst... G. Norma was actually a Vice Princ at my high school. The thought of her enforcing a dress code is a joke. There have been many 'bully' related problems over the years. The school facility has a prison type feeling. Our kids all play different musical instrument... 2 of them almost quit playing because the music program is low priority. We pulled our students out and now drive 25 minutes to Fort Herriman. Fort Herriman is a school to be proud of.

Posted November 03, 2007
My son had 3 horrible years at OHMS. Whenever I visited, students were running and screaming in the hallways between classes. There are wonderful teachers and counselors at this school. My difficulty with the principal is not her style of dress, it is with her ineffectual supervision of some of her very poor teachers and the atmosphere of chaos at the school. I agree that their is abusive behavior by the staff and one of the counselors.

Posted February 07, 2005
I think that there are better alternatives than this school. Their no tolerance policy is a joke and the teachers and principals are very disrespectful of the students. They give lip service to parents just so that they don't have to deal with them and many of the teachers violate the dress code. The problems even stretch out to bus service and drivers. I would highly recommend running away as fast as you can if you want happy, healthy children. The one high point at this school is the music program under its current teacher he is a joy and encourages the kids to want to learn and practice.

Posted May 13, 2004
As a parent and teacher in the Riverton community, I would first like to compliment the wonderful students at OHMS. I have delighted in these young people at school and whenever I have occasion to visit with them at school activities or in our small, urban community. Our principal has never violated the dress code, has had tremendous experience at the District Level, and has handled some very challenging issues with professional charm and efficiency. We have a great staff, and supportive, well-educated parents who really care about their sons and daughters.

Oquirrh Hills Middle School 4

Posted September 10, 2003
My overall experience at Oquirrh Hills has been very positive. The teachers, counseling staff, and especially the principal have been very helpful in asuring the needs of my child are addressed. I find that the staff adheres to the 'dress code' as previously mentioned and feel that the principal dresses in a professional manner.

Oquirrh Hills Middle School
12949 South 2700 West, Riverton, UT  84065
Last modified Oquirrh Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.