Posted May 07, 2014
Principals changed recently, though the new one (very nice ,but wont permit bullying if they see it or a teacher reports it) seems like they want to stay. Good counselors and staff, but they have too many students for such a small building. Like any school, there are good and bad teachers depending on how your kid learns. The teachers are always willing, if you tell them what you need help with. Also, it IS middle school, meaning, the students need friends, if you cant find some its not going to be enjoyable(of course!!). Overall they are a good school but underfunded.

Posted November 22, 2010
Excellent school. Caring teachers. Outstanding Principal. I am very impressed with this school. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for an academic program with teachers who care.

Posted April 06, 2010
I feel this school only offers lip service to everything. I'm currently looking for another school for my child. I do not care for alot of these teachers, because they could careless for my child and her learning. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Oquirrh Hills Middle School 2

Posted December 05, 2009

Posted August 25, 2009
My experience at this school has been a very rewarding one. I feel the teachers really care about the subjects they teach, and try their best to help each student succeed! I have not noticed any bullying or unprofessional dressing habits on the teachers part during my 2 years at this school. And i'm looking forward to another great year at this amazing school!

Posted March 31, 2009
Most of the teachers are inqdequate and unwilling to work with parents. Students do not learn, they only regress at this school. Leadership is dismal at best. Assignments are never up to date in Skyward. Fortunately, we moved our student to another school. However, my student did have a teacher or two she enjoyed.

Posted January 16, 2008

Posted November 18, 2007
The school Administration is the worst... G. Norma was actually a Vice Princ at my high school. The thought of her enforcing a dress code is a joke. There have been many 'bully' related problems over the years. The school facility has a prison type feeling. Our kids all play different musical instrument... 2 of them almost quit playing because the music program is low priority. We pulled our students out and now drive 25 minutes to Fort Herriman. Fort Herriman is a school to be proud of.

Posted November 03, 2007
My son had 3 horrible years at OHMS. Whenever I visited, students were running and screaming in the hallways between classes. There are wonderful teachers and counselors at this school. My difficulty with the principal is not her style of dress, it is with her ineffectual supervision of some of her very poor teachers and the atmosphere of chaos at the school. I agree that their is abusive behavior by the staff and one of the counselors.

Oquirrh Hills Middle School 2

Posted May 13, 2005

Oquirrh Hills Middle School
12949 South 2700 West, Riverton, UT  84065
Last modified Oquirrh Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oquirrh Hills Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top