737 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teachers at this school accommodate students of all needs, abilities and learning styles. Teachers are caring and communicate well with parents.

Amount of homework: Agree

Teachers get feedback from students and parents to ensure that the amount of homework assists the student in learning at home and helps get that home to school connection.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers here work great together and with the children. They help with your child's needs and give you great information on whatever will help you with what your child struggles with.

Amount of homework: Agree

It's about a page a night. Just enough plus reading. So my child gets it done .

This school has great teachers and great staff! The teachers work together very well. I love that my child attends this school.

My child attended Rosamond for 4 years and we had nightmare after nightmare. The lack of structure and academic expectations was very frustrating. There were 42 children in his 3rd grade class. The administration has proven it's complete disregard for students safety by allowing irresponsible teachers to remain on staff. I have pulled my children and now I pay for a private school in hopes to reverse the damage this school has done to my children.

I have taught in Jordan District for 10 years, at both a far east school and a far west school. This is my second year at Rosamond and I have found it to be an excellent school. Rosamond offers a good balance between academic and extracurricular activities. We have a wonderful and effective staff, who work diligentlyto increase their own knowledge and continually improve their teaching techniques. We welcome the positive input and support of many parent volunteers. Our new principal is very supportive and extremely parent/student/teacher friendly. She has a phenominal technological background and supports a greater use of technology in cross-curricular instruction. Our school shares a positive and friendly atmosphere with all who enter it's walls. It is truly a privelege to be a part of this community.

Having a child who excels, but not 'brilliant', we are disappointed in the lack of challenges he has had. There has been no effort to challenge him at all. We fear that he is not prepared for middle school if their mentality is different there and he is to be challenged and get homework, other than spelling words and the occasional project. We wish we could afford private schooling. The teachers have been very relaxed and do not demand respect. We've seen our son's behavior towards his elders decrease, we believe, due to the lack of this demand by his teachers.

Last modified Rosamond School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.