Posted August 31, 2008
My child attended Rosamond for 4 years and we had nightmare after nightmare. The lack of structure and academic expectations was very frustrating. There were 42 children in his 3rd grade class. The administration has proven it's complete disregard for students safety by allowing irresponsible teachers to remain on staff. I have pulled my children and now I pay for a private school in hopes to reverse the damage this school has done to my children.

Posted February 07, 2008
I have taught in Jordan District for 10 years, at both a far east school and a far west school. This is my second year at Rosamond and I have found it to be an excellent school. Rosamond offers a good balance between academic and extracurricular activities. We have a wonderful and effective staff, who work diligentlyto increase their own knowledge and continually improve their teaching techniques. We welcome the positive input and support of many parent volunteers. Our new principal is very supportive and extremely parent/student/teacher friendly. She has a phenominal technological background and supports a greater use of technology in cross-curricular instruction. Our school shares a positive and friendly atmosphere with all who enter it's walls. It is truly a privelege to be a part of this community.

Rosamond School 2

Posted May 01, 2007
Having a child who excels, but not 'brilliant', we are disappointed in the lack of challenges he has had. There has been no effort to challenge him at all. We fear that he is not prepared for middle school if their mentality is different there and he is to be challenged and get homework, other than spelling words and the occasional project. We wish we could afford private schooling. The teachers have been very relaxed and do not demand respect. We've seen our son's behavior towards his elders decrease, we believe, due to the lack of this demand by his teachers.

Posted March 03, 2006
- a staff

Posted January 04, 2006
The Principle of Rosamond is wonderful. He has a very caring attitude towards the children there. Recently I had to check out one of my children and took my daughter with me who has not gone to Rosamond for 2 years. The principle came out of his office and saw my daughter and asked so how do you like going to middle school . I was amazed that he even recognized her, let alone go out of his way to speak to her. How awesome is that? Also would like to recognize an outstanding teacher Mr. Hall. He is the absolute best teacher you could ever have. He loves his job and he loves to see children succeed and truly get what they have been taught. He has always gone above and beyond to make learning fun.

Posted December 19, 2005

Rosamond School 4

Posted July 12, 2005
We moved to this school in the middle of the year. My son's attitute towards school changed for the good 100%- at his old school he was only interested in what was for lunch and recess. He now talks about what he learned and what he would like to learn and I know this is because of his teacher, Mrs. Emily Evans, and the tone of her classroom. He is a smart kid and was challenged in her classroom, which is a good thing for a first grader. I am nothing but excited to continue his education at Rosamond.

Posted May 16, 2005
I have been disapointed with Rosamond Elementry. The principal has a 'so what attitude' and the teachers, teach to the minimal requirements. They don't teach effective, and they don't have excited attitude toward educating children to succeed.

Rosamond School
12195 South 1975 West, Riverton, UT  84065
Last modified Rosamond School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rosamond School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top