527 students|Weber District

Bad
Good

Lakeview is the worst school my kid has ever attend. He has been treated badly by the teacher and other staff If the school dose not like you're child they treat them badly. one of the kids had a birthday at school so the teacher told them to get a cup cake to every child but mine as he said there and cry at his disk the teach told him stop cry like a baby a be a man

They have wonderful programs! and have been amazing in the recourse department for my son. I love sending my kids there

A year and a half ago my comments would have been about same as those posted by the parent on 1/8/12. We ended up pulling our child from the school. This year after visiting several charter school and Lakeview we decided to give Lakeview a second chance. I have been amazed at the changes that have taken place in just a year at this school. The teachers are much more attentive to the kids. The teachers seem happier and that is reflecting back to the students. My children's teachers have gone the extra mile to help them be successful. The principal Mrs. Passey is wonderful. She is kind to the children. She is professional in IEP's and other meetings. She doesn't talk down to parents. I personally have seen her helping children in the lunchroom. I have seen her helping countless students zip up coats and put on gloves as they head out to recess after lunch. I have been blown away that she is out in the snow every morning helping students cross the street safely. I could go on and on. I feel confident in recommending this school. I went into the year very cautious but I am very HAPPY with what I have seen and experienced.

Last year I was increadibly dissapointed with the teachers at this school! A prime example of what I saw last year was at an after school pirate day that I went to with my daughter. It was supposed to be all fun and cute, but so many of the teachers had terrible attitudes. There was one little boy who waited in a face painting line just to say hello to his teacher, and when he was the next kid in line (with the child ahead of him in a chair getting their face painted) he went ahead and said hi, and the teacher actually ROLLED HER EYES AND TURNED HER BACK to him. That was her only response! He was so crestfallen that he slunk away. If you dislike children so much, DON'T BE A TEACHER! Leave it to the people who can actually stand children, and have some social graces. Other examplesl include my daughter getting sent home for small and petty things, like writing on her shoes. That is a problem for me. Since I don't have a problem with washable ink, why should you? This year, with my daughter getting what seems like the only decent teacher in the school, I am a much happier parent. Overall, though, this school gets a big thumbs down!

My daughter has went to Lakeview since kindergarten and it has been awsome.. the first yr though I wasent very impressed with the principal he was very unkind but with the new principal the last two yrs she is awsome and the kids seem to love her.. The teachers are good. Reading and focussing on character building and bully policy is very good..

I think Lakeview is a good school, but needs to improve on some safety problems. There could also be more parent involvement at the school. We don't have enough parents getting involved in classroom and after school activities.

Last modified Lakeview School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.