Roy, UT

Posted August 10, 2013
They have wonderful programs! and have been amazing in the recourse department for my son. I love sending my kids there

Posted January 30, 2013
A year and a half ago my comments would have been about same as those posted by the parent on 1/8/12. We ended up pulling our child from the school. This year after visiting several charter school and Lakeview we decided to give Lakeview a second chance. I have been amazed at the changes that have taken place in just a year at this school. The teachers are much more attentive to the kids. The teachers seem happier and that is reflecting back to the students. My children's teachers have gone the extra mile to help them be successful. The principal Mrs. Passey is wonderful. She is kind to the children. She is professional in IEP's and other meetings. She doesn't talk down to parents. I personally have seen her helping children in the lunchroom. I have seen her helping countless students zip up coats and put on gloves as they head out to recess after lunch. I have been blown away that she is out in the snow every morning helping students cross the street safely. I could go on and on. I feel confident in recommending this school. I went into the year very cautious but I am very HAPPY with what I have seen and experienced.

Lakeview School 1

Posted January 08, 2012
Last year I was increadibly dissapointed with the teachers at this school! A prime example of what I saw last year was at an after school pirate day that I went to with my daughter. It was supposed to be all fun and cute, but so many of the teachers had terrible attitudes. There was one little boy who waited in a face painting line just to say hello to his teacher, and when he was the next kid in line (with the child ahead of him in a chair getting their face painted) he went ahead and said hi, and the teacher actually ROLLED HER EYES AND TURNED HER BACK to him. That was her only response! He was so crestfallen that he slunk away. If you dislike children so much, DON'T BE A TEACHER! Leave it to the people who can actually stand children, and have some social graces. Other examplesl include my daughter getting sent home for small and petty things, like writing on her shoes. That is a problem for me. Since I don't have a problem with washable ink, why should you? This year, with my daughter getting what seems like the only decent teacher in the school, I am a much happier parent. Overall, though, this school gets a big thumbs down!

Posted May 31, 2009
My daughter has went to Lakeview since kindergarten and it has been awsome.. the first yr though I wasent very impressed with the principal he was very unkind but with the new principal the last two yrs she is awsome and the kids seem to love her.. The teachers are good. Reading and focussing on character building and bully policy is very good..

Posted February 27, 2007

Posted February 21, 2007
I think Lakeview is a good school, but needs to improve on some safety problems. There could also be more parent involvement at the school. We don't have enough parents getting involved in classroom and after school activities.

Posted September 07, 2006
I have now had children at Lakeview for 4 years. I think that the Pricipal is absolutly wonderful. They have been more than helpful on security and watching over the children. The activities they have added over the last two years keep me and my family very busy. The teachers have been great and make it a point to know me and my children. Unfortuanatly since so many parents work the leval of parental involment seems to be low. However the parents that do participate do so almost every day. From walking the kids across the street to working in the classrooms and even taking work home with them to help the teachers spend more quality time with the kids. I love Lakeview and intend to stay here untill my children are out of elementry.

Posted March 19, 2006
As a parent for 3 years now, I have found that all the teachers are great. They all seem to really and truly care about the student. I do wish that their were more activies for the younger grades. As they seem to be left out a lot. As with the a comment about the prinipal, any time that I have had a problem, it has been taken care of in a very timely matter. Sometimes before I get to him, it has been taken care of. The class sizes are small, the teacher a wonderful. All around I feel very lucky that we got our start here.

Lakeview School 2

Posted January 26, 2006
I also feel that the teachers are extremely open and willing to make any changes that are necessary to better our school, although the principal tells you what you want to hear, and is unwilling to make the effort. The PTA has made great strides this year in making a difference for this school. But it is hard to get parents involved because the principal does not try to keep parents informed and does not value their opinions. He listens and then does nothing so it makes them feel like their opinion does not matter.

Lakeview School 1

Posted January 17, 2005
I had one child whom attended Lakeview Elementary. The teachers have proven to be exceptionally great and very involved with their students on a positive level. Although the teachers are top notch, the principal has proven to be uncaring and unconcered with students' needs and their educational experience.

Lakeview School
2025 West 5000 South, Roy, UT  84067
Last modified Lakeview School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top