Saint George, UT

Desert Hills Middle School 1

Posted November 12, 2011
Really...?? People love this school? It seems like the teachers w/ the time under their belts are just going through the motions. The few great teachers are young and newer... but overall I think it's terrible. Not to mention that there is no real curriculum you can follow, no calender of what is happening in class, no teachers plan, no accountability. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but the classes are A day and B day, so it's not like the staff teaches the same class 5 days a week. You'd think that for parents and students sake a basic outline could be created. I was met with excuses and impatience when I asked a couple teachers about it... 'well, every student is at a different level' ... I don't know what that has to do with their lesson plan. Utah is supposedly going to "core curriculum" this year, but my child is coloring in 8th grade math, has no book and who knows what's happening in English. I don't, but it isn't reading. No book assignments. It also isn't vocab or parts of speech or anything else remotely related to what kids need when they attend college. It seems like most of the staff is just going through the motions... sad and frustrating for us.

Desert Hills Middle School 5

Posted November 23, 2010
Fantastic faculty and staff! Great school experience for my children. Desert Hills Middle School has been the best school my children have attended.

Desert Hills Middle School 5

Posted December 18, 2009
I love this school out of all the schools I've been to. (and trust me that's a lot)

Desert Hills Middle School
936 East Desert Hills Dr, Saint George, UT  84790
Last modified Desert Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 8-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Hills Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top