Salt Lake City, UT

Children Behavior Therapy Unit (Cbtu) 1

Posted May 19, 2015
Horrible, horrible place. More like a prison than a school environment. The students are sequestered from the other students in EVERYTHING. They are not even allowed to eat lunch in the cafeteria and they have their own recess area. They are also not allowed to socialize outside of school because school is considered a "therapeutic environment" and subject to the same rules as a group therapy group would have. They try to establish a rewards system for good behavior, but will lock the students in a room the size of a phone booth if they act out (they actually call it being sent to the booth). Any attempts to put her in a mainstream class were shut down on the first difficult day. We left the state when my daughter was in fourth grade. Our new school mainstreamed her from day one and never looked back. She is now one of the top five students in her graduating class and will be headed to college soon. Knowing what I know now, I would have rather homeschooled her than allowing the state to put her in this program. She is now 17 and says she is still traumatized by it.

Children Behavior Therapy Unit (Cbtu) 1

Posted August 15, 2014
WORST experience EVER!!! My child was forced to be placed here by another elementary. Once we got in the full routine they changed their staff, HUGE MISTAKE. After a couple months the staff seemed to give up on my child and were less than receptive to change after numerous parent conferences. In one semester my child fell 2 grades levels behind, by attending school everyday.

Children Behavior Therapy Unit (Cbtu)
780 South Gaurdsman Way, Salt Lake City, UT  84108
Last modified Children Behavior Therapy Unit (Cbtu) is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Children Behavior Therapy Unit (Cbtu) Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top