Posted September 25, 2013
I have been working with Beehive Science and Technology Academy since 2007. I was there throughout the other campuses our school has been. I witnessed the challenges our school faced and how we overcame them. I saw how our school grew both in the number of students and in success. Last year we were ranked 3rd in the State CRT Test Mathematics out of more than 170 high schools. This year, we received a technology grant through Utah Office of Education that transforms our school to a "Smart Technology School". As a result of this grant, each student will get an IPAD, teachers will get IPADs and MacBooks. We will have a new iMac Lab. Teachers will have an integrated sound system. Each class will get an HD projector with Apple TV attached to it for the full integration of IPADs and MacBooks. Right now they started installing the technology and students will get their IPADs very soon. This transformation will match with our name and will make instruction and assessment much more effective. On top of all these, small class sizes in a safe school environment and a caring, dedicated staff are probably the most important features that make our school an amazing place for students.

Posted January 08, 2013
My daughter has been at this school for the past 3 years. Beehive has an excellent academic program with highly effective teachers. My daughter's class has 18 students and they are all friends. There is a high level of respect between the students and between students and teachers. I love this school.

Posted December 07, 2012
My daughter graduated 2 years ago (after attending for 2 years) and my 11th grader has been going since 7th grade. Their teachers have all been so supportive and helpful. Most of my son's classes are honors or AP and he is a year ahead of my public school 11th grader in math and science. His class is 13 student! So the teachers know the students well and can spend more time with each of them. They have a great system of behavior tracking for both positive behavior ( points for proper uniform, keeping up with work, contributing in class, helping other students, etc.) and negative (late for class, missing homework, disrespectful behavior,etc.). We love all of the clubs, tutoring, and extracurricular activities. The staff works hard to provide parties and dances even though the school is small. They are really want the students to be sucessful! It's been great for our kids who like to be be challenged academically!

Posted December 05, 2012
Beehive Science & Technology Academy has changed my 10th graders life!! This is our second year @ Beehive and my son is a 4.0 student. The teachers are EXCEPTIONAL! They ensure that their students achieve their absolute potential. They offer tutoring everyday, they structure their classes & ciricculum in a way that fosters maximum learning. They have wonderful administration who guide them step by step in their path to college. They have a plethra of clubs, activities and adventures ( including college trips & even trips to Europe). At Beehive the sky really is the limit!!

Posted December 04, 2012
Beehive is a wonderful school. Small classrooms is just one of many attributes Beehive offers. The teachers genuinely care about each student. They have the ability to focus on them individually and help them succeed whatever their academic levels are. The clubs and after school tutoring is wonderful. It makes the students feel like they are part of a family, instead of in a massive institution. Best Principal of the year and teacher of the year this year, based on 500+ schools. Best teacher of the year last year too. There is a uniform, but it's not too overbearing like most schools. It's a wonderful school that you should check out!!!

Posted November 07, 2012
Small classes, personal attention, teachers with passion. They have the teacher of the year and the principal of the year for the charter school's in our region. LOVE the Beehive

Posted February 01, 2012
Beehive Academy is such a great school. They have small class sizes and your children are not treated as a number. They get individualized attention. The teachers care about the children and challenge them according to their abilities.

Posted February 01, 2012
I heard a lot about charter schools. This school is great. Focused on education and have dedicated faculty. It feels good to send my child in the morning to this school. I am grateful that I made the decision to send my child to this school.

Posted February 01, 2012
My son is now a 10th grader at this school, and has been going since he was in 9th grade. I am so very impressed with the dedication of the teaching staff. These teachers really care about the students' success. Class sizes are small, and tutoring is offered daily. Uniforms are worn, which creates an atmosphere geared towards learning rather than fashion competition and fitting in with clothes. The question is not "do you want to go to college" but "where do you want to go to college?" Everything is geared towards college acceptance. The guidance counselors find the entrance requirements for the student's college choices, and work with them and encourage them to focus on the goal of acceptance. I have been very pleased with the outcome of my son's school experience so far.

Posted February 01, 2012
My son started 7th grade at BSTA. He is a motivated student who thrives on knowledge. Because the school is small and class sizes are personalized, the teachers and students have a special bond that could not exist in a large public school. The school and faculty want to help these kids succeed and go on to college to be the best they can be. My son LOVES BSTA and believe it or not looks forward to going to school every day!!

Beehive Science & Technology Academy (BSTA)
830 E 9400 S, Salt Lake City, UT  84094
Last modified Beehive Science & Technology Academy (BSTA) is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beehive Science & Technology Academy (BSTA) Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top