Public charter
Salt Lake City, UT

Beehive Science & Technology Academy (BSTA) 1

Posted March 29, 2015
Germaine Barnes is one if the worst counslera I havE ever takes to. She is useles and sexist too. She mostly helps little girls I don't know why.
7 people found this helpful

Posted March 02, 2015
Im a formal Student of this school and i find it one of the best schools i found myself into its really good at antibullying bullying is at a minimum exept for a few occaisional issues but its great with technology and the teachers that where not good in everybodies ratings are now removed due to complaints but the teachers teach great the only way your gonna fail getting through this school is if you litterally try as hard as you can to fail but even than theyll still teach you also the teachers interact with the students making it a great thing it helps with everybodies succes they also have ipads im typing from the schools ipad right now the school has ipads for assignments so no more dumpster backpack as most of the papers art and math being a exeption with occaisional paper assignments form other classes but most about 60-70 percent of the assignments are nice and organised you also have cool-sis this allows you to be able to acces your students grades 24/7 the students can also acces their own grades as they wish this school has many great advantages and ive found very little issues about this school so far and is a great place to put your student if you can afford it

Posted January 06, 2015
My daughter has ADHD and processing disorder and going to a regular public middle school (esp. Union Middle) would have been a disaster. I got her into Beehive easily with skepticism and aprrehension weighing on my mind. I heard so many negative things about Charter Schools but it turns out these were just opinions with no education behind them brought forth by superstitious folks. Two years at this school and it is GREAT! I get emails directly from the teachers within 2 hours. There's free tutoring after school. Before Beehive, I would help my daughter with homework for 2 hours everyday, now I've invested about 5% of my time helping her because the tutoring is so efficient. There was a bit of learning curve on social skills with public school kids and the Charter School curriculum but everyone adjusts eventually. This school is so efficient with keeping track of their students and they will push your student to strive for the "better life" not the "just good enough life". So, if you are tired of the public school mentality and have a slow, average or above average kid then this is the place for you! Parents are friendly too, because we are all in the same boat.

Posted November 13, 2014
Beehive is an excellent school! It has small class sizes with committed, caring teachers. We are able to check grades and behavior scores on-line with Coolsis. We know when our son has forgotten to turn in an assignment so we can remind him. My son has not had the bullying problems that we experienced at other schools. The school is always striving to do even better.

Posted November 10, 2014
beehive science & technology academy is the best school in salt lake . They give every student one on one teaching in every class. They don't have most of the problems that most close have like bullies and students picking on each other. My son likes going to school . At his old school he hated going. BSTA is by far the best school in the salt lake valley.

Posted November 09, 2014
We love Beehive! Our son is in 8th grade and this is his second year there. The class sizes are small. The teachers go above and beyond to help the kids succeed. There is free after-school tutoring and a lot of fun after-school clubs. Communication between the school and parents is excellent. So glad we took the chance in leaving the public school system and giving this a try. We wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Posted November 07, 2014
Beehive has been a great school for our daughter. The school is small enough that it feels like a private school (but w/out the hefty price tag) and the staff is helpful/friendly. They offer after school tutoring (free) and clubs, plus each student has an IPAD and they use other technology in the classrooms. The population of students seems friendly/supportive of each other which is nice to see. It's a great school.

Posted September 25, 2013
I have been working with Beehive Science and Technology Academy since 2007. I was there throughout the other campuses our school has been. I witnessed the challenges our school faced and how we overcame them. I saw how our school grew both in the number of students and in success. Last year we were ranked 3rd in the State CRT Test Mathematics out of more than 170 high schools. This year, we received a technology grant through Utah Office of Education that transforms our school to a "Smart Technology School". As a result of this grant, each student will get an IPAD, teachers will get IPADs and MacBooks. We will have a new iMac Lab. Teachers will have an integrated sound system. Each class will get an HD projector with Apple TV attached to it for the full integration of IPADs and MacBooks. Right now they started installing the technology and students will get their IPADs very soon. This transformation will match with our name and will make instruction and assessment much more effective. On top of all these, small class sizes in a safe school environment and a caring, dedicated staff are probably the most important features that make our school an amazing place for students.

Posted January 08, 2013
My daughter has been at this school for the past 3 years. Beehive has an excellent academic program with highly effective teachers. My daughter's class has 18 students and they are all friends. There is a high level of respect between the students and between students and teachers. I love this school.

Posted December 07, 2012
My daughter graduated 2 years ago (after attending for 2 years) and my 11th grader has been going since 7th grade. Their teachers have all been so supportive and helpful. Most of my son's classes are honors or AP and he is a year ahead of my public school 11th grader in math and science. His class is 13 student! So the teachers know the students well and can spend more time with each of them. They have a great system of behavior tracking for both positive behavior ( points for proper uniform, keeping up with work, contributing in class, helping other students, etc.) and negative (late for class, missing homework, disrespectful behavior,etc.). We love all of the clubs, tutoring, and extracurricular activities. The staff works hard to provide parties and dances even though the school is small. They are really want the students to be sucessful! It's been great for our kids who like to be be challenged academically!

Beehive Science & Technology Academy (BSTA)
830 E 9400 S, Salt Lake City, UT  84094
Last modified Beehive Science & Technology Academy (BSTA) is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beehive Science & Technology Academy (BSTA) Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top