Bad
Good

This is our first year at the school. We transferred at the beginning of the school year and are very happy with the choice! Everyone welcomed us with open arms. Kids adjusted fairly quickly. Teachers have been wonderful. Knowledgable and passionate. Administration has been great. Parents are great as well. We already feel like we are part of the family. Last, but not least, there has been a significant improvement in kids academics!

We have had kids in CRA for 6 years now. We have never had a "bad" teacher. The administration is great and truly get to know every student AND their family. The teachers have been great to individualize the work to challenge my kids who perform above grade level. There is also a ton of parent involvement. We love this school so much we drive over 15 miles each way so our kids can go here!!

We LOVE CRA!! The faculty and staff are so friendly and accommodating. I volunteer weekly in the school and see hands-on the teaching method here. It's wonderful, they can cater everything to each child's level. We are so grateful for everyone at this school.

My child attended CRA for 3 years. I found the teacher to be unconcerned with her overall performance and held her to lower standards than the district schools did. The administration seemed unconcerned with solving minor issues, especially behavioral. I saw an inconstancy between teachers. There were "good" teachers and "bad" teachers. I found this disturbing b/c charter schools have the freedom to hold teachers and students to a higher standard. I found district schools to be much more consistent and a higher quality education. My overall experience was negative and disappointing.

We have loved our experience at Canyon Rim. Not only is there a strong focus on core requirements of math, language arts, science and social studies there is an emphasis on the arts. Children go to art, computers, music and PE with teachers that specifically teach these subjects. There are many extra opportunities for the kids with an annual Shakespeare play for 5 & 6 grade and an annual musical play, service club, jump rope team etc. There is an overall feel of higher values that is demonstrated among the faculty, the students and their families.

Canyon Rim Academy is the BEST! The faculty is top-notched and great to work with. The curriculum is probably their strongest point. They are teaching Envision Math supplemented with Singapore Strategies, they teach Core Knowledge which aligns to the state core curriculum. They have a PE teacher, art teachers, music teachers, and computer teacher that enhances the curriculum and gives the students professional training in specialized areas. The administration is second to none. I have never had a problem working with them, or working out a concern. They address them professionally and quickly.

Canyon Rim is a good school on many counts. The parental involvement is unprecedented and there is a level of comfort and safety that creates a comfortable atmosphere. Not all the teachers are created equal, but some have been excellent in their devotion to my children's success. Bullying is not tolerated and the dress code is inspired. Their claim to follow E.D. Hirsch's core knowledge curriculum is genuine, but not terribly accurate. They loosely follow the core knowledge sequence. The school was closed and re-opened as a charter school with neighborhood parents on the board, which lends itself to a "neighborhood school feel".

My children went to this school for 2 years. I found the administration to be uncooperative and not interested in helping resolve minor issues. I didn't find that the education offered by them was any better than our local school. Our experience with Canyon Rim was a very negative one overall.

Canyon Rim Academy is a charter school on the east bench of Salt Lake City. My daughter has enjoyed the learning environment and positive attitude of her teachers. I highly recommend learning more about this school at canyonrimacademy.org

Last modified Canyon Rim Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.