Salt Lake City, UT

Butler School 5

Posted June 23, 2015
My daughter was in the dual immersion French program from first through fifth grade. She enjoyed language program and the school. She became fluent in French over the years. I was pleased with the teachers, both the English speaking and the French speaking. It was a great experience for my daughter.

Butler School 4

Posted June 11, 2015
We moved to the area a couple of years ago and had heard that our neighbors sent their kids to other schools. We decided to give our neighborhood school a try and we are glad that we did. The staff has been helpful and easy to work with. We have kids in both the French immersion program and the neighborhood program. We are excited for the new school that is being built and for the programs that are being added next year.

Butler School 4

Posted October 01, 2014
We have been very impressed with the French Immersion program. The school facilities are dated, but the personnel has been very good. A solid community public school with an excellent language program.

Butler School 3

Posted December 20, 2013
Still nothing special about this school. I sent my oldest here for 6 months 3 years ago when we moved into the boundary. The current principal was brand new at the time, and so was his 4th grade teacher. We were not a fan of either of them. His classroom was out of control most days, and he had difficulties learning as such. We moved him to Bella Vista Elem - much better! Fast forward 2 years, and we decided to move my now 3rd grader from BV to Butler solely for convenience reasons this past fall. The principal is still unimpressive, and his teacher is mediocre at best. It seems she is just drugding through her days till retirement, refusing to make accomodations for any child. No "above and beyond" efforts happening here. The only communication I receive regarding "issues" is from my 3rd grader. They did have a great dance program this year, and perhaps the French program is good. Oh, and the crusty old building was slotted to be rebuilt, but now it's on the longer term list. Most of the neighborhood takes their kids to Oakridge (Granite District) or Bella Vista, so if you move here, give one of those schools a try, and skip Butler.

Butler School
2700 East 7000 South, Salt Lake City, UT  84121
Last modified Butler School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Butler School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top