Churchill Junior High School 4

Posted November 06, 2014
For the most part, we love this school. The teachers are amazing (for all subjects) and really love the students. For my daughter, science has always felt like torture because of the paper pushing. Here, there is so much hands on that she loves it. The teachers at this school value practical application in all subjects. The music and theater program is great at this school. The kids are very kind. Her friends are wonderful compared to the awful kids in the elementary school we came from (in another district). I only have a couple of disappointments at this school... 1) the principal we had last year was exceptional. He spent time with the kids and knew them by name and they loved him. He was promoted to the district. The new principal doesn't seem to interact with the kids. The school dynamic has changed this year and the "fun" feels like it has been removed from the school. 2) The district curriculum is terrible... especially for math. I can't stand the push to move everything to electronic devices. I don't think all the data they are collecting on our kids is good... and I don't think they need to be staring at electronic screens day and night.

Posted October 07, 2014
I had to choose between Wasatch Jr. High and Churchill I selected Churchill because I had a negative experience with the Wasatch office administration. I am extremely pleased with my choice. The number one most outstanding thing so far is the kindness, and excellent manners shown by the student body. I am entering the school as a new 9th grader and everyone has been extremely kind and I have been very impressed.

Posted August 21, 2013
I was a former student from 2008-2010. I heard good things about the school, so I transferred from Albion Middle School (which I absolutely hated) to Churchill. This was the best academic move of my life. The faculty was ALWAYS helpful. I also have to applaud my councilor, Mrs. Bradshaw, for helping me and my sister stay on top of things during a difficult time. Most of my teachers were great, especially those in the arts classes. Mrs. Searle and Mrs. McDermott (who left to care for her child) were especially supportive and helped me to thrive with art and music (not to mention the opportunities they created for me). I was not that good of a musician at first, but Mrs. McDermott put up with the noise so that I'd be 10x better by the end of 9th grade. It's not just the arts, though. The science classes are very hands-on and not very textbook involved, and regularly kept things interesting. For the most part, the students were kind to me and I made good friends. While there are always those kids who feel they must go out of the way to tease you, there were much, much less here than my previous school. I have very little against Churchill, and nothing against the faculty I had.

Posted February 04, 2013
As other reviewers for this school have mentioned, our children insisted that we send them to this school; we were vacillating this one and another nearby JH. We have been very happy with the school, and our children have experienced no bullying or exposure to bad elements; all our worries about the typical aspects of JH have been put to rest since our kids started going here. The academics are excellent and they have a large number of AP classes to choose from. Their sports are good. The only things we would wish for that the school doesn't have are more sporting choices, a few more academic programs like debate, and for the district to enforce all teachers to use the canvas calendar routinely. Parents who are nervous about junior high should send your children here; it is a safe and supportive environment.

Posted April 06, 2010
Churchill Jr. has a great environment and many of the students get involved. The teachers are excellent and have good experience, and Churchill is good in sports and academics.

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted January 24, 2009
I am a student Body officer at Churchill Junior High, and I absolutely adore Churchill. They have a great honors program and I'm learning a lot more than my friends at Wasatch that are also in Wasatch's honors program. The teachers are great, and there is a lot of extra-curriclurs available that are really fun, and the sports are great. I love churchill!

Churchill Junior High School 1

Posted December 03, 2008
This has to be the worst school, the office administration leaves much to be desired.

Churchill Junior High School 0

Posted April 29, 2008
We wanted our daughter to go to Wasatch Jr. High, but she insisted on Churchill and we have been happy with her choice. She loves the enviornment, the teachers and the fact that kids come there from all over the valley.

Churchill Junior High School 2

Posted January 10, 2008

Churchill Junior High School
3450 Oakview Dr, Salt Lake City, UT  84124
Last modified Churchill Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Churchill Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top