Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It's really hit and miss. As with all schools, some are fantastic and others are far less than even acceptable.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Kids are often taught honesty has a more severe punishment at this school. Punishment depends on the way the wind blows and if the VP likes you that day or not.

My kids have gone to this school for several years and it used to be fantastic. Now, my 9th grader is grateful to be out of there and we are pulling our 7th grader out and moving him to a new school. The administration is the worst we have dealt with. The Vice Principal is on a power trip and has ZERO respect for students and not much more for parents. The administration has changed every year for the last three. The first two years were fantastic, this year is a complete joke. Charger Time is a waste of a half hour a day! The theater teacher is a complete joke, disrespectful to kids and plays favorites. Only thin girls are ever chosen for ballroom dance. Parking lot drop off is a joke, but they'll sure slap your kid with a tardy for it. Funny how not one of our kids ever had a single problem at this school ever and this year ALL kids are getting in trouble constantly. Definitely NOT a positive learning environment anymore. Can't wait to get my kids away from this school and AWFUL administration!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Overall the teachers my children had were kind, knowledgable and encouraging. Especially the elective teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

I chose "just right", because it varies from teacher to teacher-but overall my children weren't overwhelmed by homework - the A-day/ B-day schedule is helpful for this.

I have had 4 children attend Churchill. I was really happy with the school, but I was heartbroken to see our amazing Banda/orchestra teacher leave she was amazing and did amazing things with my children. Not so sure about the fate of the program now, my child transferred out. The teachers have been great and the curriculum good. My only complaint has been with the administration and its own poor handling of kids that are unique. They have downplayed belligerent behavior toward children by insensitive staff and students. One last thing - something needs to be done about the chaos at drop off /pick up , some enforcement of speed and driving laws needs to happen before someone gets seriously hurt!!

Many people do not realize just how amazing Churchill. They have the best academics, athletics, and arts in the entire valley. (Private schools included)

For the most part, we love this school. The teachers are amazing (for all subjects) and really love the students. For my daughter, science has always felt like torture because of the paper pushing. Here, there is so much hands on that she loves it. The teachers at this school value practical application in all subjects. The music and theater program is great at this school. The kids are very kind. Her friends are wonderful compared to the awful kids in the elementary school we came from (in another district). I only have a couple of disappointments at this school... 1) the principal we had last year was exceptional. He spent time with the kids and knew them by name and they loved him. He was promoted to the district. The new principal doesn't seem to interact with the kids. The school dynamic has changed this year and the "fun" feels like it has been removed from the school. 2) The district curriculum is terrible... especially for math. I can't stand the push to move everything to electronic devices. I don't think all the data they are collecting on our kids is good... and I don't think they need to be staring at electronic screens day and night.

I had to choose between Wasatch Jr. High and Churchill I selected Churchill because I had a negative experience with the Wasatch office administration. I am extremely pleased with my choice. The number one most outstanding thing so far is the kindness, and excellent manners shown by the student body. I am entering the school as a new 9th grader and everyone has been extremely kind and I have been very impressed.

I was a former student from 2008-2010. I heard good things about the school, so I transferred from Albion Middle School (which I absolutely hated) to Churchill. This was the best academic move of my life. The faculty was ALWAYS helpful. I also have to applaud my councilor, Mrs. Bradshaw, for helping me and my sister stay on top of things during a difficult time. Most of my teachers were great, especially those in the arts classes. Mrs. Searle and Mrs. McDermott (who left to care for her child) were especially supportive and helped me to thrive with art and music (not to mention the opportunities they created for me). I was not that good of a musician at first, but Mrs. McDermott put up with the noise so that I'd be 10x better by the end of 9th grade. It's not just the arts, though. The science classes are very hands-on and not very textbook involved, and regularly kept things interesting. For the most part, the students were kind to me and I made good friends. While there are always those kids who feel they must go out of the way to tease you, there were much, much less here than my previous school. I have very little against Churchill, and nothing against the faculty I had.

Last modified Churchill Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.