Salt Lake City, UT

Cottonwood School 1

Posted April 11, 2012
I was not impressed. :( my child learned more in kindergarten attending at Parkside Elementary them he did in first grade at Cottonwood Elementary. At Parkside the teacher sent home a homework folder daily with different paperwork and activities for me to help at home. The only thing my son received from Cottonwood was a 4-5 page book for the week. At report card time I was happy to hear that my son was doing great and excelling at math. However, my work moved me and at his new school my son is required to take a special math class because he Is behind in math. This confirmed my fear that my son was not learning at Cottonwood.

Posted October 19, 2011
The most recent comment stating, "I have never even heard of the problems that this teacher has with both the parents and the student body" really doesn't make sense. If you had not heard of the problems, why are you commenting on them? There is also another 9 of 10 school within 1 mile of Cottonwood, so you have options. Having that out of the way, my experience to this point has been enjoyable. Parental involvement is great! There is a "Dad's Club" that sponsors various events, such as Papa's and Pancakes. The PTA is very active and involved. The school boasts Nationally Board Certified Teachers! It would be nice if more schools would model themselves after Cottonwood.

Cottonwood School 1

Posted June 05, 2011
we have had a bad teacher at this school for years now. We cannot get rid of her. Several parent have reported problems to the principal and nothing has been done. We cannot get anything done with the district or make any headway with the principal. I have never even heard of the problems that this teacher has with both the parents and the student body. There are several groups trying to make headway on their own to have this teacher removed but it apparently takes dynamite. When your customers are unhappy with the service and its the same employee making everyone angry why cant you fire that employee. I mean come on, its our children!!!! Also 5 percent of the parents do 95 percent of the work. This school has continued to go down hill for the past 4 years. I wish I could get out but I cant afford private and my children have excellent friends.

Cottonwood School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
our experience at Cottonwood was bad enough that I drive my child past Cottonwood every day to go to a different school. So do three of my neighbors. However, we do walk there during the summer to play.

Posted January 23, 2010
Great school. Very happy with my students progression in reading, socializing, etc.

Posted January 15, 2009

Cottonwood School
5205 Holladay Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT  84117
Last modified Cottonwood School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottonwood School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top