Salt Lake City, UT

Howard R Driggs School 4

Posted March 04, 2014
I've had a child at Driggs for the last 5 years. I currently have a 4th grader and a kindergartner there. The new principal started last year and she stirred things up, but now that the dust has settled I think the school environment is thriving. There's more online school assignments, which caters to different abilities. The communication between parents and teachers is great. The art program is doing well. There are a ton of parent volunteers which means more "extras" for each grade. I do wish the class size was smaller. And I'd like to see more programs..like theater and music (for younger grades too).

Howard R Driggs School 3

Posted July 25, 2010
We were disappointed with our experience at Driggs. We did like our children's teachers, but they were limited with such large class sizes and limited resources. The office staff is very friendly. The principal is not personable and sweeps things under the rug. There are rules and guidelines in place, but there is minimal supervision outside of the classroom and the rules and guidelines are not enforced. Teachers do not have voicemail, there is no voicemail in the office, and many teachers don't use email - this makes communicating very difficult. There are no PE teachers, no music teachers, no art teachers, no school nurse. Academically they are a full grade level behind the schools we have attended in other states. It is a very tight community that is very supportive of the school, but there is a great deal of room for improvement.

Posted March 27, 2008
HRDriggs has good programs for the kids. Parents are very involved in volunteering. The principal has been very supportive of programs that enrich all the students lives and gives them a well rounded education.

Posted June 01, 2007
I'm very impressed with the teacher involvement. My kids enjoy school this school very much. The programs and extracurricular activities are wonderful. The administration, teachers, office staff and PTA are committed and work together as a team for the children. This school is truly an asset to the community.

Howard R Driggs School 3

Posted February 14, 2007

Posted August 03, 2005
Best school around. I am willing to live anywhere as long as my my boys can go to this school. The teachers are wonderful and this school is a source of pride for this area.

Posted August 10, 2004
I'd have to admit that I had concerns putting my children in this school because of personal experiences when I was growing up. It turned out to be the best thing for my kids. They loved their teachers and wanted to go back to school again. The programs offered were wonderful. The teachers are there because they want to teach versus those who are just their. The office staff is commited to the childrens learning and get involved. In one of the PTA sponsored events, the secretary sent a hand-addressed note to each student in the school.

Howard R Driggs School
4340 South 2700 East, Salt Lake City, UT  84124
Last modified Howard R Driggs School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howard R Driggs School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top