Salt Lake City, UT

James E Moss School 2

Posted November 21, 2014
We are grandparents of a child there. Came over from Woodstock this year. Our child is slipping in his knowledge and seems there is no or little parent involvement. School is half the quality of Woodstock. We live in Draper, or otherwise we would love to help.

James E Moss School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
In advance i would like appreciated and send my great respect for all the teachers in the James E Moss School and all the employees there

Posted August 13, 2013
Very poor quality school, not an environment I will ever put my children in ever again. No parental involvement, not enough staff for outdoors on playground and in cafeteria. Very sad the district has allowed this school to keep going in these conditions.

Posted January 24, 2011
Not one of the best schools . not enough disipline kids can do what they want. not respectful to teachers, Leadership is bad. needs a lot of improving. There are a few that try to keep things going, but they have no support from any one.

Posted February 11, 2010
My child has an Autism Spectrum Disorder and is in their preschool program and has made so much progress this year. I have been very happy with this school. No complaints.

Posted August 30, 2009
James E Moss is one of the best schools in the Granite School District. The teachers are well qualified and care a great deal for the students. If other parents feel their child is being picked on perhaps they should consider getting more involved with their child's education.

Posted September 09, 2008
No parent involvement means teachers feel no sense of accountability. Many special need kids that aren't getting specialized help - makes it difficult for average kids to be well taught.

Posted April 25, 2006
I feel that James E Moss is a great school. The teachers and other staff at this school really seem to want whats best for the children and the community. I think they are doing what they can with what little lack of support they get.

Posted May 18, 2005
I would advice the Granite School District to do a sweep through this school, starting with the Principal. Beware that this school does not believe in punishing students who beat other students up. I stood inside the school yard with my ex husband through 5 different recesses and was never asked by the adults on recess duty what I was doing there. Children are not safe or cared about at this school.

James E Moss School 2

Posted June 14, 2003
This school is about 5 years behind times. There is no teacher who is current in computer skills. Their website has not been updated for 3 years. The teacher my daughter had clearly reflected that she was only there because she needed a job. Many of the teachers constantly put down children for their size or learning abilities. I complained about spelling words like cocaine, overdose and suicide and was told the kids needed to learn how to spell those words. What like there aren't a zillion other words better for the children to learn. I never saw a parental permission slip for off campus field trips or for the 'sex education/maturation' program.

James E Moss School
4399 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, UT  84107
Last modified James E Moss School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James E Moss School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top