511 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

The teacher are pretty decent... They try really hard with the limited resources they have. The office staff on the other hand is a miserable lot. Each office staff I have interacted with over the years has been down right rude. Primarily, I give this school a bad rating for the staff not the teachers.

I love the school, the teachers, I love the principle. They are very understanding wish my daughter was still attending Mill Creek.

Overall, we have been very happy with this school. I had my doubts at first, but this really is a great school! My daughter is in the dual immersion program - We've been very impressed with it. Her teachers have been wonderful! The principal is great! - Very personable and involved. There is a bit of a congestion problem with picking up and dropping kids off, but probably typical of many schools. They seem to do the best they can with what they have to work with. Good PTA! Field trips, some after-school activities, art, Band/Orchestra, etc. Love the diversity! -- Wide variety of students that attend. It's not perfect, but we've been happy here.

The principal is very involved with the school. She's at every PTA meeting and she's really pushing to save the music program at this school. The school offers a dual immersion program where students in 1-6 can study half-day in English and half-day in Spanish. The goal is to have students fluent in Spanish by the time they get to high school. The school is clean and well-kept.

My Step-Daughter has attended this school since kindergarten. She did get an excellent teacher this year, but overall this school has a major bullying problem, especially against the blind and deaf program kids. I regularly see other kids kicking a blind girl's walking stick, and hear horrible stories of bullying from my child. They also have a peculiar no-noise policy in the lunch room. they have a traffic light in there, and when it turns red, they have to stop eating and be silent until it turns green again. When are the kids supposed to be able to be silly, noisy little human beings? Isn't that what healthy kids do? Make noise once in a while? Another problem with this school, is when I went to tell them about my child's food allergy, since I am only her step-parent, they would not allow me to. When there was a power outage this winter, they didn't cancel school, even though the power went out before school started, and when called they didn't say anything about the power, simply that there was still school. They served a cold lunch with luke-warm milk! They had no heat, and my daughter wore a dress that day, and was freezing, and they did nothing about it! I am appauled!

I student taught at this school, and I want to work here! The faculty is incredible...every single teacher and staff member is there because they care about the students' success. It's a fantastic environment to be in!!

My son is not receiving a satisfactory education compared to his previous school. In fact, the homework is a joke - spelling words he learned two years ago and one page of math. After requesting extra homework, my child began receiving copies of a workbook for the next grade up which has no relation to what my child is learning in class.

Last modified Mill Creek School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.