Posted June 06, 2012
Both my son (20 years old) attended and daughter (7 years old) has been attending this wonderful school. The current principal was my son's teacher in another school when he was 7-year-old and needed to go to another school (where the principal was trained in gifted program). He was placed in her 5th-grade class due to his advanced learning ability. With training in gifted program, she was very patient with my son by helping him develop organizational skills. Because of her understanding of gifted student's special needs, my son was enjoying his study and adjusting well among older kids. He later attended U of U at 14, and Stanford graduate school at 18. Now, my daughter goes to the same school and my son's former teacher became the principal. She is very approachable, and helpful when we have any questions with my daughter's class. My daughter loves the learning enviroment in this school. I am glad to see such a passionate person as principal.

Morningside School 2

Posted April 11, 2012
If I were to rate the French progam, it would be a 4 or 5 star. I'm sure the Magnet program is a 5 star. But the traditional classrooms/attmosphere is just that- NOT traditional at all. I know half of my neighborhood is sending their kids to the other local schools. I don't want my children in a school full of programs (2) and not have a great traditional school. There are no options. And only one regular class per grade. Same class/kids year after year. So unless you are doing one of the programs, I'd choose to not have my child go to this school - like the hundreds of other students who aren't going to Morningside.

Posted August 29, 2011
Morningside is a great school. The French immersion program is great. The regular classes are excellent. I hear of parents pullings their kids out to go to Oakridge. Oakridge is a fine school, but Morningside is its equal. If your student struggles at Morningside, they will also struggle at Oakridge. It has nothing to do with the school, only the parents attitude.

Morningside School 1

Posted August 12, 2011
Morningside was a big disappointment for me. The principal is not very approachable and when you meet with her about concerns, her attitude is that she can't do anything. The lower grades are assigned drop off and pick up on the side of the school that doesn't have drop off lanes. So, there is a lot of double parking and dangerous situations that the lower grades have to navigate through just to get to the building. This becomes a huge concern when there is snow since the school is on a hill. I definitely think the French immersion and magnet programs are nice to have at the school. But I keep asking myself, would anyone stay at Morningside if they didn't have these programs? Probably not. With that being said, 5 students in our kindergarten class moved to different schools because Morningside just couldn't get their act together.

Posted February 01, 2011
Morningside was the best decision I've made for my daughter who started 1st grade this year. The school overall has a very progressive attitude towards education. It houses the district's magnet program, a French-immersion program, and standard classes. The teachers and principal are focused on providing the best education for all the kids in the school. The PTA is supportive and communicative and offers an amazing variety of programs for the students -- everything from dance to foreign language (in addition to the immersion program) to service to chess clubs. It's a terrific educational environment!

Posted October 11, 2005
Morningside is a gem in Salt Lake City. Superior education, quiet neighborhood, friendly, family atmosphere. There is nothing that compares.

Posted March 29, 2005
Morningside is a great neighborhood school surrounded by quiet residential streets and no businesses nearby. It is a safe, supportive, community environment for kids. The teachers are wonderful, welcoming and encouraging of children. My daughter has encountered many different teaching styles that have both challenged and nurtured her. The school is small, which has given her a sense of security in knowing the principal, the secretary, the teachers and all of the children in her grade. They all know her too, which makes us feel secure in sending her there every day. Having a gifted magnet program and blind school on the premises makes it an especially interesting and unique place for children to go to school.

Morningside School 4

Posted March 09, 2005
Morningside has a great magnet program. It also has a diversity in ethnic groups. If your child is deaf or blind, this school has a good program for them. Morningside has great teachers and students.

Posted February 23, 2005

Morningside School
4170 South 3000 East, Salt Lake City, UT  84124
Last modified Morningside School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morningside School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top