Olympus Jr High School 2

Posted November 04, 2013
This school if full of ignorant, rude, rich kids. As a 9th grade student, I cant wait to leave. Because this school is in a "rich" area, this results in inequality and frankly snobby brats. All the school cares about is its sport teams and high class students. Instead of money going into more AP classes, its wasted on sports and cheer activities. The dress code is over ruling as well, they are very ridiculous for being a "public school". Also, my family pays well over $250.00 EACH YEAR just to attend Olympus Jr. The staff and administrators are rude, and treat us like we are little children. I'm technically in high school, and I am still treated by the staff like a child.

Olympus Jr High School 1

Posted August 27, 2013
It's true the community at large is form fitting wealthy yet ignorant and of vacuous, sheep-like mentality. It's needed in a solid pastel community. Think Edward scissorshand......

Olympus Jr High School 3

Posted June 01, 2011
After moving a 9th grader here from the East Coast I've been quite unimpressed. I understand from speaking to many "East side" mothers that Oly Jr. is one of the best, but even with all honors classes my child is learning what they did as a 7th grader in New York. The school is sweet and children in general are very good kids, but the teachers lack enthusiasm about the subject they teach and many forget or lose papers that only a very diligent student or parent would pick up on. My childs 2 favorite subjects are now her least because the instructors are just trying to pass time. We also had different substitutes in 1 honors class for 5 months out of the year before finding out the kids weren't learning any cirriculum. People would have been fired for doing such a thing where we come from. I'm sure Oly ranks well among Utah, but not elsewhere.

Posted December 21, 2010
As another student of this school, i have to say that I love it! this school has made it possible for me to have the best experience of jr. high. the person below me obviously doesn't apply him/herself in all the programs given. we recently raised $11,046.10 for change for children. yes, this is arich area and we are using our wealth to help others. By far one of the BEST schools iin the district.

Olympus Jr High School 2

Posted December 19, 2010
As a student at this school, I have to say that I am extremely dissapointed. The education is mediocre, as you can see by reading the review below mine. The school has a huge majority of rich kids, and it creates a lot of inequality. They also have many problems with social exclusion and cliques. The school only seems to care about sports, etc. They cut budgets for the orchestra this year, thus combining excelent musicians with people that have never played into one orchestra. They also have no gifted programs. The school is raising funds through donations to restore a Steinway piano, instead of getting donations to better our education. The level of ignorance is insane. There are a few grat teachers there, but the school as a whole is not good. It is in one of the richest areas of the district, so it should be able to provide a good education. Being gifted myself, I have no challenge in regular classes, but I have no other choice. Everyone is supposed to be entitled to a fair education, but that is not what I or others like me are given.

Posted November 27, 2010
I would recommend this school to anyone! this School is by far one of the best school's in Salt Lake City. It has Great Staff, that are involved there aren't bad kid's that go here and they are a nice and caring. I just came from there, but had to transfer, because I moved. :'( but overall it is the best school. Pretty much Everyone is friendly and there are so many programs and oppertunities there its' amazing. There's no bullying and harassing. it's a safe enviorment. Your student or child could get the best education here, while meeting very sweet and nice Kids. It's fun, and they make the Curriculm's fun and intresting so the students can learn better. I would recommend this school to anyone who goes here.

Olympus Jr High School 4

Posted August 13, 2009
I think this school has a good environment and the education is not bad at all. It is a great school and I recommend going there.

Posted April 17, 2008

Posted March 18, 2008

Posted March 12, 2006

Olympus Jr High School
2217 East 4800 South, Salt Lake City, UT  84117
Last modified Olympus Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olympus Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top