Posted March 01, 2006
My son has attended Plymouth for over a year now. I thought the kindergarten teacher he had was wonderful. However, since he has gone into the first grade, I am highly dissatissfied with the dicipline there. Bullying is happening and the principle seems to do nothing about it. The teachers try but are afraid to discipline for fear of loosing their jobs. I think the principle is just there till he can retire and does nothing about the problems that are occuring in his school. I hope for the future children attending this elementry they will have a happier education than what we have expirienced at Plymouth.

Plymouth School 0

Posted December 02, 2005
I am the mother of a 2nd grad boy who has learning disabilities and receives special ed within the school. He has been here for 3 years. Apart from one teacher that he had, everyone has been incredibly helpful in working with my son to further his education. So much so that we have chosen NOT to move away from the school. The AR program is great, the children do get to choose what books they want to read, and the teachers do the best job they can with limited time, and many students of all levels. I am frustrated by parents at the school who believe that it is the job of the school to teach their children and not their own.

Plymouth School 1

Posted September 16, 2005

Plymouth School 1

Posted September 16, 2005
I have been less than impressed by the quality of leadership at this school. Curriculum is lacking and there is no room for students to excell. The AR program demands that students read only the books the teachers choose, not ones that students do. If students excell in math, they are given no avenue to pursue advanced skills, instead they flounder, get bored and loose their interest in school. Teachers are never available before and after school for meetings, kids self correct papers because teachers claim to be too busy. Maybe they should work an 8-5 day. If teachers produce excellent results, perhaps the argument for better pay would hold more water. Now it is an argument of which came first, chicken or egg. Poor teachers, sub-standard education.

Posted August 18, 2005

Posted April 25, 2005
My daughter has attended Plymouth Elementary now for 5 years (k-4) and she has had 2 great teachers during this time. The past 2 years we've had issues that the teachers and administration handled poorly. They didn't accept responsibility for their mistakes but rather put the blame to the student and/or parent. All schools can have issues, but I am highly displeased with the leadership and teacher involved from grades 3-4. Also, poor communication between school and home.

Plymouth School
5220 South 1470 West, Salt Lake City, UT  84123
Last modified Plymouth School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plymouth School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top