1,446 students|Granite District

Bad
Good

Overall, Skyline is a good school, but avoid the science department like the plague, especially Biology and Physics. The English and History teachers make up for the deficits in the science classes.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The science department is pretty bad, but teachers in the English and History departments are fantastic, with a few exceptions.

Amount of homework: Agree

It is a lot, but it is a great thing in the long run. It really prepares you for the work load in college, and develops great time management for most.

I went to Skyline High School from the years of 2012-2015 for the IB and AP programs. The teachers were wonderful, and the administration really care about the students attending this high school. Class sizes can be a bit overwhelming, but the teachers do their best to make up for it. Not only is the environment at Skyline welcoming, but it's also a place where you can tell the students want to succeed (of course, there are deviations from this trend). I now attend the University of Utah's Honors College, and this school and the programs prepared me well for college. My only complaint would have to be my lack of knowledge when it comes to translating IB Diploma credit to college credit. I would definitely look into this beforehand, and understand exactly why you're wanting to join the program, and what it can do for you.

Honestly, Skyline High School is a great place for any kind of student. I'm not saying this as someone who is popular but I've found great friends and the students are generally really nice. People actually make an effort to get to know you and the overall enviroment is very friendly. As for faculty, the administration is always available and friendly to students. The teachers are lively and encourage student participation in classes. However, the math department does lag a little but the English department completely makes up for it. I've had several teachers and classes that I've thoroughly enjoyed. The number of clubs, sports and student programs we have are crazy and getting involved in them really gets you great scholarships.

My daughter has done more than her fair share to try and fit in, but is consistently excluded by her peers thought they all say she is nice to her face. There has been little to no guidance counciling. I don't know if this is because they assume she can handle it on her own or what as she is in the advanced classes with a 3.9/4.0 GPA, I mean there were on campus college visit and she never knew about them.

Great programs, particularly IB and AP wise. They do a phenomenal job preparing students for their may AP and IB exams. Most of the AP teachers I've had, have passing rates of 80% or better, I've taken 1 AP class and am enrolled in another six.

My child attended Skyline for 3 years. She had excellent teachers, wonderful opportunities for community service, and many extracurricular activities from which to choose. She received an excellent scholarship to attend the U of U and was well prepared for college-level classes. She is currently having a successful first semester at the U thanks for the preparation she received at Skyline.

We've been very disappointed by this school. Our child has had a very hard time integrating into this school from another state.

My son went to Skyline for less than half a year and we've been less than impressed. He is a good looking kid that played Varsity and JV football at the school he came from as a sophomore. The football players at Skyline treated him poorly and some of them continually picked on him until he quit weightlifting class and ultimately quit football. He's still upset about not playing football and wishes he were at his old school where kids wouldn't have gotten away with this and would have given him a chance to prove himself on the football field. -I guess it's their loss. It's just upsetting that my kind, non judgmental, good looking, talented son has had such a hard time at this school and that all of this went unnoticed by teachers and administrators. My son wasn't challenged academically at Skyline and overall we've been very disappointed. We moved to the area because it was supposably one of the best schools in SLC despite being old and run down. I wish I could say better things. I hope someone will listen to this comment and promote some anti-bullying education to the students at Skyline or maybe even look into "Rachel's challenge" or a program similar that promotes anti-bullying.

Last modified Skyline High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.