Salt Lake City, UT

Posted April 28, 2014
Honestly, Skyline High School is a great place for any kind of student. I'm not saying this as someone who is popular but I've found great friends and the students are generally really nice. People actually make an effort to get to know you and the overall enviroment is very friendly. As for faculty, the administration is always available and friendly to students. The teachers are lively and encourage student participation in classes. However, the math department does lag a little but the English department completely makes up for it. I've had several teachers and classes that I've thoroughly enjoyed. The number of clubs, sports and student programs we have are crazy and getting involved in them really gets you great scholarships.

Skyline High School 3

Posted June 23, 2013
My daughter has done more than her fair share to try and fit in, but is consistently excluded by her peers thought they all say she is nice to her face. There has been little to no guidance counciling. I don't know if this is because they assume she can handle it on her own or what as she is in the advanced classes with a 3.9/4.0 GPA, I mean there were on campus college visit and she never knew about them.

Posted January 07, 2013
Great programs, particularly IB and AP wise. They do a phenomenal job preparing students for their may AP and IB exams. Most of the AP teachers I've had, have passing rates of 80% or better, I've taken 1 AP class and am enrolled in another six.

Posted November 17, 2011
My child attended Skyline for 3 years. She had excellent teachers, wonderful opportunities for community service, and many extracurricular activities from which to choose. She received an excellent scholarship to attend the U of U and was well prepared for college-level classes. She is currently having a successful first semester at the U thanks for the preparation she received at Skyline.

Skyline High School 1

Posted November 14, 2011
We've been very disappointed by this school. Our child has had a very hard time integrating into this school from another state.

Skyline High School 1

Posted August 19, 2011
My son went to Skyline for less than half a year and we've been less than impressed. He is a good looking kid that played Varsity and JV football at the school he came from as a sophomore. The football players at Skyline treated him poorly and some of them continually picked on him until he quit weightlifting class and ultimately quit football. He's still upset about not playing football and wishes he were at his old school where kids wouldn't have gotten away with this and would have given him a chance to prove himself on the football field. -I guess it's their loss. It's just upsetting that my kind, non judgmental, good looking, talented son has had such a hard time at this school and that all of this went unnoticed by teachers and administrators. My son wasn't challenged academically at Skyline and overall we've been very disappointed. We moved to the area because it was supposably one of the best schools in SLC despite being old and run down. I wish I could say better things. I hope someone will listen to this comment and promote some anti-bullying education to the students at Skyline or maybe even look into "Rachel's challenge" or a program similar that promotes anti-bullying.

Posted October 19, 2009

Posted June 03, 2009
My son is graduating from Skyline this year and he has had a great experience. The teachers are excellent. The students are generally very motivated to learn and there is an atmosphere of high expectations both academically and in terms of behavior. Most of the students at this school are heading to college and they seem very driven to succeed academically. It is a little smaller than other high schools in the city, but still has a wide variety of extracurricular activities and sports. From a parent s perspective, I would highly recommend this school.

Skyline High School 2

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted September 03, 2008

Skyline High School
3251 East 3760 South, Salt Lake City, UT  84109
Last modified Skyline High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyline High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top