Bad
Good

I had a very disappointing experience with sixth grade teacher Mrs Tiffany Peoples over parent drop off. My 3rd grader has special needs and has to be dropped off and picked up right outside his classroom. After an argument with Mrs Peoples over where I can drop him off she called Granite school district police and filed a report. She said that I was vulgar and threatened to run over a student crossing guard over the matter. After school at pick up I confronted by the police about the incident earlier that morning. My son was left standing on the lawn at the front of the school so scared he was throwing up because he thought the officer was there to arrest me. The school is hanging on by a thread. Needless to say he will not be returning to Taylorsville Elementary.

I think that there is always room for improvement no matter how good of a job is being done. That being said, there are some areas for improvement. The past few years, we've changed principals and a LARGE portion of our staff due to them following the principal when he left. That was frustrating and in my opinion, incredibly unprofessional, on the parts of the old principal as well as the teachers who followed. We have some GREAT teachers and we have some that are not too much better than lousy, but unfortunately there's not much to be done in that area. Our school is 52 years old! The building is old and severely out of date. As to my knowledge, there has been no talk of rebuilding. The PTA is small just because we don't have parents/grandparents, etc. that are willing to join, let alone volunteer so it falls on the shoulders of the same few people. It can be incredibly overwhelming. The principal sincerely cares for the students and knows them by name. She does a great job.

Last modified Taylorsville School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.