Salt Lake City, UT

Fox Hills School 4

Posted August 23, 2010
I have two children that have attended Fox Hills Elementary, One was in the Magnet program and the second in the regular school. The teachers have been tremendous in both portions of the school. I noticed that a parent commented that their child was in the 5th grade and haven't even started cursive. My daughter is just starting 5th grade and has been writing cursive for two years at the school. There is much diversity in the school yet I feel they have gone above and beyond giving all the opportunity to learn. Both the gifted and those that struggle. Parent involvement is a big deal. I seldom go to the school and don't see involved parents helping out.

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted January 19, 2009

Posted September 18, 2008
I just do not understand where some of these parents are coming from.... The principal is nonexistent as far as real issues concerning our school. Our rating for our test scores is a 2. The only ones having attention paid to them are the ESL kids and the slow. The average kids are all but forgotten!!! So many brand new teachers working at troubled school only breeds or adds to the chaos and confusion for these children. And I say the lack of leadership is the biggest problem.

Posted September 17, 2008
Our principal has been excellent to work with. We have over 50 parents that volunteer on a regularly. The PTA has a very active board & had over 180 members last year. Most importantly, I have two children that have been part of the magnet program & two other children in regular classes.

Posted March 26, 2008
Fox Hills has a great staff, with the exception of probably two teachers. They are very willing to help parents know how to help their children. They are friendly and supportive. They accommodate for the high and low learners. One of my children is in the accelerated program and truly being challenged. The other is in a regular class. She has memory problems. All of her teachers have been very willing to accommodate. The principal treats people fairly. She listens to both sides of the issue. The PTA seems to be run by only a handful of people. Other parents do not volunteer as they should. There are great after school programs including MESA, student council, reading and math.

Posted March 12, 2008
Terrible school! My child is in 5th grade and they haven't even started cursive... The administration seems incompetent, I wonder if they have any leadership capabilities at all.

Posted February 26, 2008
Teachers don't listed to parents concerns, and principal will never keep appointments. If your child is average no problem, but above or below and you get no needs met.

Posted November 29, 2007

Posted November 21, 2006
My daughter has been at Fox Hills for two years. It is a wonderful school with the Best of the Best teachers. Their advanced learning classes are challenging, yet fun. The after school programs are appropriate and further the students' learning. We have been very pleased with the education she has received thus far.

Fox Hills School
3775 West 6020 South, Salt Lake City, UT  84118
Last modified Fox Hills School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fox Hills School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top