Salt Lake City, UT

Bella Vista School 5

Posted July 20, 2014
This is an excellent school underrated by greatschools. The rating should be 8 or 9 for the non-special education units.

Posted August 11, 2013
Some great teachers, and a couple not so great, has been our experience. They are getting a new principal this year, which hopefully will be a good thing. The previous principle was dull and lifeless. My oldest son was bullied for a couple months in 4th grade, and the teacher took action (not the principle). My youngest son's teacher attempted to keep him challenged, which I appreciated. Overall, our experience here was pretty typical of what Utah public schools have to offer on the east side.

Bella Vista School 1

Posted May 03, 2013
This school is terrible. The staff did not care about my child's needs whatsoever. My son's teacher did not seem like she wanted to be there or really cared for children. If you don't like children, you probably shouldn't become a teacher. Also, the principal seemed very inadequate at his job. My son will definitely not be going here next year.

Bella Vista School 1

Posted March 15, 2013
WORST SCHOOL EVER! Kindergarten started off great, my child had the BEST teacher ever, I wish she would get more credit for how she treated the kids and what she taught them, she honestly saw the best in every kid in her class and treated them that way. After that it went downhill, I have never met another person who disliked children as much as my child s 1st grade teacher. When I spoke to her about it she said she will handle kids the way she wants to and she doesn t care what anyone else has to say about it, after that conversation I went to talk to the principal who also did not care and said the teacher was new and she could do what she wanted and it was probably just my child who was being too sensitive. Not to mention the principle does not know who his students are and got my child confused with another student based off of their skin color not by hobbies, friends, etc. when I called him out on it he also, did not care. He has no idea what goes on at his school and will avoid parents and questions like the plaque. Happy to saw this is our last year at Bella Vista.

Bella Vista School 4

Posted November 14, 2011
This school includes anywhere between 2-4 special education units (depending on the school year), whose test scores affect the rating for the entire school. Keep in mind that the rating on this school is lower because of these units. Overall, this is a great school. Most of the teachers are wonderful. There are a few teachers who are not so great - but I think this is true of most schools. Administration is fantastic. Parents who are involved are very involved.

Posted May 20, 2010
This is a GOOD school, it could be a GREAT school with a little more parental involvement. There are some wonderful teachers and staff here however so much of their time is spent correcting problems that should be addressed at home. I agree with the previous poster that more parents need to step up and help in the classroom and on the PTA but I think it goes further than that, parents need to be involved in their child's education. I realize that most people have to work and can't always help in the class or on the PTA but support the school and your teachers in other ways. Get your kids to school on time, make sure their homework is done, be a responsible parent. This is OUR school and we need to do our part so the teachers can do theirs and then this will be a wonderful school.

Posted October 14, 2009
Great staff, lots of homework :-)

Posted September 28, 2009
Beware! 95% of the volunteer work at this school is done by 5% of the parents. There are very few parents willing to help with PTA programs or in the classroom. Their attitudes are such that this is a daycare for them and that their jobs come first. It makes things extremely exhausting for the 5% who do help out. It also makes for very rowdy classrooms with children whose parents don't care about their education...and there are a lot of those at Bella Vista. If parents could see how their children were behaving in the classroom and on recess, they would be appalled. If parents realized that everyone has to take their turn on PTA and in the classroom...that would make all the difference at this school.

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are the best

Posted May 24, 2009
My 5 children and now my granddaughter have all been Bella Vista students. I have been satisfied with the leadership and education which have been a part of their experience there. I'm happy to see they are finding ways to continue incorporating the arts as in integral part of a well rounded education. They offer orchestra, choir, Meet the Masters, etc. They have one of the best reading resource educators in the state. I believe Bella Vista offers a well rounded educational experience.

Bella Vista School