Bad
Good

I love the positive feeling at Ridgecrest! The PTA provides wonderful activities without going overboard. The principal is approachable and very visible at the school and at activities. My son is receiving excellent instruction in 5th grade - I could not be more pleased. His teacher is truly a master. My first grader is enrolled in the dual language immersion program which we are thrilled about. We are still working out some of the kinks in starting up a new program, but overall we have been very happy. Ridgecrest is really a hidden gem in the Canyon's District.

Ridgecrest isgreat! This past year has seen excellent parent involvement. The orchestra was wonderful. The principal knows what's going on. The teachers are here to teach.

I assisted at the school in a remedial reading program. The school has a fantastic program. My two children attended Ridgecrest as well; they love their experiences there.

My two boys have going to ridgecrest since kindergarten with my oldest starting 6th grade this year. Overall I have been very pleased with the quality of education they have received. Unlike the first two reviewers, I have not experienced what they have. Last year in grades 2 and 5 the class sizes were 22 children. As with any school you will have some teachers that are better than others, but overall I have been very pleased with Ridgecrest.

This is our 3rd year at Ridgecrest. It has been a great experience but let it be known it isn't for the weak minded. The principal takes great pride in making sure every child has an education. Sometimes this means letting the parents take charge of their childs learning. The teachers are there to teach but good examples at home and necessary follow through are what determines your childs success in school. The teachers have unique approaches in helping children at various learning levels. Perhaps if I sat back and put my childs education in the hands of the school system I'd be more dissappointed however, parent involvement is key to any childs success. At Ridgecrest I'm aware of the programs available and I have no problems discussing issues with teachers or the Principal. We look forward to the next school year.

I agree with the large class sizes, mixed info and poor overall education. My son sat in the classroom and colored etc for about 2 months in 2nd grad because the teacher did not have time to help him and the recourse teacher was not available to take him at the moment. I moved him to a nearby school and he is doing great! I know what is going on with his education. Great feedback and he is really progressing more than I could have imagined.

I felt this school was very poor. My child was in second grand she had 32 children and the teacher did not know how to handle the children, My child was ignored most the day. We got very mixed information from the teacher. However her first grade teacher was awesome!

Last modified Ridgecrest School is a Public school that serves grades K-6