Posted August 21, 2014
Wonderful school, probably the best elementary school in the state with committed teachers and excellent classroom learning.

Posted June 23, 2014
Dilworth is a good school; I only wish they had either more spaces in the full-day kindergarten, or enrichment option for half-day Kindergarteners.

Dilworth School 2

Posted September 01, 2012
My daughter attended kindergarten at Dilworth last year. Half way through the year a group of boys in her class began bullying my daughter - hitting her on the head in class, chasing her and pushing her down on the playground - while teachers were right there watching. This went on for 4 months and the teacher did nothing. My daughter came home crying one day and told her father & I. We went to speak with the teacher the next morning. The teacher's response when my husband & I approached her was "those boys play nicely together, you're daughter needs to learn to deal with it on her own." Of course we involved the principal, who's reaction was not much better. He had the teacher speak with the boys - parents were never contacted. After this I was so afraid for my daughter I would make random visits at recess to see if she was safe/hurt. I couldn't trust her teacher/the principal to keep her safe. In talking to other parents, I know we are not the only family that has had serious issues with bullying at Dilworth that have been blown off by teachers and administrators. After being assigned a 1st grade teacher that was even worse we withdrew her.

Posted December 11, 2010
I'm not as impressed with the principal as the previous poster, however he is decent, caring and friendly. His support with our child's mild learning disability was sub-par. We have had some amazing teachers and some not so amazing, which I think one gets with any school. The class size has grown to an uncomfortable level in the last couple of years. I love that this school serves breakfast and has an after school program - great for working parents. Parent involvement is excellent, and the PTA is well organized. The whole school is pretty well organized actually, which is due in no small part to the wonderful secretary. It has a fair amount of income diversity (super rich, and not so rich), which we appreciated, but limited ethnic diversity.

Posted May 09, 2010

Dilworth School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
Dilworth is great. I am posting this comment in 2010, aftter the transition of schools and principals. The current principal is awesome and really cares about the kids and school. I have one child in the special ed. program there and one in regular classes. Both are doing great. For kids with special needs, the school is VERY inclusive, and the special ed staff is excellent. My child in the regular ed classes is doing great and has one of the oldest teachers there, and she is an experienced teacher who really knows what she is doing. Dilworth has gotten one of the best grades in the Salt Lake City District for educating our children. We love Dilworth!

Dilworth School 1

Posted January 21, 2009

Posted June 05, 2008
My child entered Dilworth in 5th grade and had a difficult time fitting in; all of the kids had known each other since first grade and were somewhat clique-ish. There is not a lot of diversity at the school. Also, overall, I don't think the school is as academically challenging as we would have liked. We did love the close-knit, community aspect of the school and the building and facilities are OUTSTANDING. I don't think the class sizes are very big and the school doesn't feel overcrowded at all. Things improved greatly in 6th grade (when several new students moved into the class). The 6th grade teaching team at Dilworth is phenomenal. They are able to motivate the kids academically and socially, and my child had an amazing year. I cannot say enough for how impressed I was with my child's sixth grade experience.

Dilworth School 0

Posted May 03, 2008
Dilworth had a transition from a retiring principal, an interim principal & now an inexperienced principal. The teaching staff is varied, but there are a couple of teachers that should have retired years ago, if ever to have entered the profession in the first place. But the main problem with Dilworth is the true lack of protecting your children while they are in attendance. For two years, my child was bullied. He was so afraid of his teacher, he wouldn't ask her questions. Then a fellow student started bullying him and when the teachers or administration caught the offender, they told my son to 'give him another chance'. This excalated to a point where we withdrew our children from this school. Beautiful school, great programs; lousy admin & some lazy teachers.

Posted June 03, 2007

Dilworth School
1953 South 2100 East, Salt Lake City, UT  84108
Last modified Dilworth School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dilworth School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top