Salt Lake City, UT
Students enrolled: 2,035

Posted November 20, 2014
I am a former student of East High School. I graduated with the Class of '61 & we had a phenomenal teaching staff who cared about us & gave us the very best education possible. I am indebted to those wonderful teachers who gave so much to the student body those years from 1958 - 1961. Teachers like Lorraine Bowman, Catherine Collins, Mamie Edwards, Leona Facer, Valentine Gorlinski, Darrel Palmer, Dorothy Smith, Lynn Warner, Nena Hawkes & Darrell Josie who taught me how to drive. I'm very proud to be associated with such a fine high school & excited that East High was chosen for The High School Musical films!

Posted September 04, 2013
Great Great Great! From Teachers, academics offerings to sports, this is an amazing school. My children have excelled at East.

Posted October 22, 2012
As a previous home-schooler, I was very nervous to re enter the public school system after a 4 year hiatus and after moving here from out of state. However, East High School has been very welcoming and my worries subsided within the first week of school. Of each of my 8 teachers, there is not a single one who doesn't care about the success of their students. The student body is surprisingly diverse and there are virtually no problems with cliques or bullying. East has also worked diligently to accommodate students such as myself who wish to attend seminary. The school has excellent athletic programs and an overall efficient way of doing things. The counselors and other faculty do all they can to help you and move you to success, just like the teachers. If you try your best, if you want to be exposed to a wide variety of cultures, and if you want to go to a school where a famous movie was filmed, then East High is the place for you.

East High School 4

Posted October 25, 2011
East High School is the best school I have ever gone to. The teachers are laid back, fun, and know how to get things done. There are a lot of class options and the school is in a great location. I miss everything about East.

East High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and counsellors do everything possible to help students succeed.

East High School 2

Posted March 11, 2009

East High School 0

Posted July 04, 2008
East High is a good school. Our new principal is simply amazing! He knows how to motivate the facilty and the student body to become a better version of themselves. The only down side to our school that I experience is that the Women's sports teams and the Drama dept are never appriciated in our school and society.

Posted January 18, 2008
I would say this is a great school It has awesome students and faculty and a lot of school spirit. I am a senior there and I have had lots of fun at East and I would love to be there for another year. It makes me sad though that one of my favorite teachers left. School doesn't feel the same as it did last year.

Posted November 29, 2007
This is a great school. I went there to see their school production, High School Musical, and everyone was so nice and courteous. They also are very clean.

Posted August 29, 2007
I have worked with many different schools and East High is among the best. With a new principal this year, the school has an new feel and energy. There are a lot of new programs going into place this year to help all levels of students. It is a very student focused staff. East High is at a very exciting place.

East High School
840 South 1300 East, Salt Lake City, UT  84102
Last modified East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top