1,915 students|Salt Lake District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My daughter attended East High School after spending K-8 in private school. I wish I had kept her in private school. East High Administrators' focus is on athletics and perhaps drama. Everything else takes a distant second. My daughter was a part of a STEM program which was discontinued before her last year. One day, the students were given the choice of attending a football game or sitting in the auditorium, but classes were cancelled due to the game. This occurred twice in two years. Some of her teachers were great. Others had a vague idea about who she was when we came to parent teacher conferences. She hated it there and put forth the effort to graduate early, which I applaud for less time wasted. I gave the school two stars instead of one for the handful of wonderful teachers and counselors who are doing their best for the students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Many assignments were based on subjective feelings teacher's had about topics. Many could be completed quickly with minimal effort. Most seemed to be busy work.

I used to tutor students here. Great school with great staffing and buildings. Excellent extra curricular activities as well.

I had excellent teachers and felt prepared going to a top tier college after graduation.

I love going to East! i have had such an amazing time. They offer such fun classes, the teachers are amazing, I have tons of amazing friends, and it's mostly a positive environment. I love the drama department and the FACS department so much! They are classes and activities that I enjoy doing. The teachers are always willing to help you in whatever you need. They take the time to sit down with you and discuss what needs to be done and how you can do it. They make their classes fun to be in and always give you interesting ways to do things. I have made the most amazing friends because you just go to what you are interested in and there are tons of amazing people to meet. All of these things make east a positive environment. There are the few people who can make it a little tough at times but mostly it's great! I have loved going to east and I am going to miss it so much!

I am a former student of East High School. I graduated with the Class of '61 & we had a phenomenal teaching staff who cared about us & gave us the very best education possible. I am indebted to those wonderful teachers who gave so much to the student body those years from 1958 - 1961. Teachers like Lorraine Bowman, Catherine Collins, Mamie Edwards, Leona Facer, Valentine Gorlinski, Darrel Palmer, Dorothy Smith, Lynn Warner, Nena Hawkes & Darrell Josie who taught me how to drive. I'm very proud to be associated with such a fine high school & excited that East High was chosen for The High School Musical films!

Great Great Great! From Teachers, academics offerings to sports, this is an amazing school. My children have excelled at East.

As a previous home-schooler, I was very nervous to re enter the public school system after a 4 year hiatus and after moving here from out of state. However, East High School has been very welcoming and my worries subsided within the first week of school. Of each of my 8 teachers, there is not a single one who doesn't care about the success of their students. The student body is surprisingly diverse and there are virtually no problems with cliques or bullying. East has also worked diligently to accommodate students such as myself who wish to attend seminary. The school has excellent athletic programs and an overall efficient way of doing things. The counselors and other faculty do all they can to help you and move you to success, just like the teachers. If you try your best, if you want to be exposed to a wide variety of cultures, and if you want to go to a school where a famous movie was filmed, then East High is the place for you.

East High School is the best school I have ever gone to. The teachers are laid back, fun, and know how to get things done. There are a lot of class options and the school is in a great location. I miss everything about East.

The teachers and counsellors do everything possible to help students succeed.

Last modified East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.