Salt Lake City, UT

Posted August 21, 2014
Excellent school with excellent teachers. Parent involvement is less than non-SLC schools as many families are two income families versus stay at home parents.

Hillside Middle School 1

Posted August 04, 2014
The teachers here don't care about the students and often times will fail a student rather then teach them. I have had three different students go here and all three have had horrible experiences the school lacks consistency in handling behaviors and policies they pick and choose which students the policies apply to or ignoring policy altogether when it comes to more economically advantaged students. Their reading resource teacher leaves plenty to be desired and often times singles out students to humiliate in front of others. If your student has an Iep I would keep them from going to Hillside or as my students refer to it Hellside.

Hillside Middle School 1

Posted February 25, 2014
I have three children who have attended Hillside Middle School. I have decided to switch schools for my 3rd child. Hillside Administration has been great in the past but recent years has gone down hill. I sent my son there for the MELP but that turned out not to be a good program atleast at that school. I do not recomment Hillside Middle School to anyone. Which is disappointing because our neighborhood school does not offer this program. I would look into Clayton Middle School before Hillside.

Posted February 01, 2014
I go to Hillside and I'm currently an 8th grader. Hillside is amazing. There is so much teacher involvement and the PTA works hard to make sure it is a fun experiance. The lunchroom and classrooms get a lot of light and it really makes it cozy. I would totally recommend it and it saddens me that I have to leave :(

Hillside Middle School 3

Posted May 14, 2013
Hillside has pros and cons. Some teachers have been very good, others have been very disappointing. For example, math teacher Blake Hopkins appears to show little interest in his students' learning or success.

Posted February 22, 2013
Hillside is a wonderful public school in the Salt Lake City area. Teachers take and active interest in their students and provide rich and meaningful experiences for all. My daughter chose to attend Hillside because of the quality of teachers there. Plus, their test scores are some of the highest in the district, and they are very community centered in their approach. The building is a LEED rated building and one of the most beautiful new schools in the area.

Posted February 02, 2013
This school has very rigorous expectations and the teachers help students achieve them. My child excelled while attending Hillside. It was also a safe place for him. The teachers cared and made sure my son did his work and were very encouraging.

Posted February 02, 2013
I have always appreciated Hillside and the great things it offers my family. Rigorous instruction, Community of Caring, a variety of after-school programs, marvelous school plays, student council, Gifted and Talented programs, winning science fairs, art and language arts programs, a Mac lab along with classroom net books and three PC labs, career classes, peer tutoring, career training, and more are offered. The new, beautiful school is LEEDS rated and has a strong recycling program, too.

Hillside Middle School 2

Posted November 19, 2012
The orchestra program is fantastic and so are the ELP classes, but there are many things that should be fixed. The locker rooms are hardly ever cleaned and there's uncontrolled swearing in the hallways and even in classrooms. Half of the students are rude if you get near them. Some students have been caught drinking alchohol in the lunchroom. -currently a student at Hillside Middle School

Posted May 09, 2010

Hillside Middle School
1825 South Nevada, Salt Lake City, UT  84108
Last modified Hillside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillside Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top