Posted November 29, 2010
I have two kids at Washington Elementary and I am very happy with the school. Their teachers are involved and thoughtful. There is a new principal and she is amazing. My kids are challenged academically and the art program is one of the best I've ever seen. Students make ceramics and the most beautiful pastels and water color art. I love the art emphasis at the school and feel like it rounds out the school wonderfully. There is some parent involvement, but more is always needed.

Posted March 02, 2009
We moved here after attending a private school. We are so much happier. The teachers saw that my son needed more challenging work and put him with the grade above for vocabulary. The teachers care about the students and the principal is wonderful. She knows all the parents and students and is very engaged. There are challenges with the school because of the kids from the shelter, but it is such a warm and inviting school and people truly care about one another. There is so much potential and the kids seem truly happy to be there. Their manners are better than the private school, which amazed me. They don't run through the halls and are respectful of the teachers and parents.

Washington School 1

Posted July 08, 2008
My daughter attended this school for 3rd & 4th grade. It stinks in so many ways, that I can't list here (tGreatSchools wants it general and not specific). The environment lacks discpline. The faculty don't set a high standard. It is not a cooperative learning school. The assignments aren't challenging--and my child was in the Extended Learning Program. She was above-grade in math, but not anymore. She had no math homework the last month of school (after state testing was done).

Posted June 25, 2008
We are a 3rd generation family going to Washington Elementary. Washington has always been a great School with wonderful Teachers giving 100% to each and every student. The quality of education is also 100% The Parents on here that are complaining. Need to get involved. Instead of removing their children. Ask for more challenging work. Children make up stories. I highly dought a 4th grader was talking about their sexual escapades. Gee if her daughter is telling her this ,just think what her daughter is telling the teachers at school

Posted January 15, 2008
Washington, is a hidden Jewel. It is a smaller school, with smaller class size. This allows more one on one attention per student/teacher. The area is poor not the quality of education.

Washington School 4

Posted February 21, 2006
Washington is the home school for many homeless children, which makes numbers go up and down, and with that, scores go up and down. I really feel this school does lots of things for the kids. Parents should be more involved by volunteering or helping kids raise their scores by coming to school and spending time in the classrooms, and also supporting them at home. I like Washington, and appreciate all the efforts teachers do. Plus, it gives my child the opportunity to appreciate the variety of our society, learn to value whatever he has and whatever he has to offer to other people.

Washington School 1

Posted January 22, 2006
Saddly Washington has little or nothing to offer a child seeking an academically enriching environment. There are a few quality teachers. Unfortunatley as reflected in SAT scores the school is failing. I have taken my children out of our neighborhood school.

Posted September 16, 2004
Washington Elementary has the best teachers. They are all highly qualified and the Principal is the most awesome lady I have ever met. The staff is super helpful and the diversity is amazing. Kudos for this school!

Washington School 4

Posted August 22, 2004
This schools small classes and highly qualitfied teachers are a well kept secret. It has a very diverse population in the downtown area. My daughter loved her experience there and has great memories from the wonderful Shakespearean play to the awesome 6th grade dinner dance. I feel very confident in the positive and great education that she received. The Principal and staff are the best!

Washington School
420 North 200 West, Salt Lake City, UT  84103
Last modified Washington School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top