Posted October 20, 2014
great high school with proven rekord of tradition, loyalty and integrity. Academically also very good.

Posted July 26, 2013
If you are a motivated, involved student, then West High is a fantastic place to be! The school honors, AP and IB programs are fantastic, and if you want to be challenged at West there are loads of amazing teachers ready to help you. I think it is possible to slip through the cracks at a place as big as West, but with motivation and the amazing support from teachers, you can get a world-class education. West also has a huge array of extracurriculars, sports, and clubs available. The socioeconomic and racial diversity is a huge plus in Salt Lake City--truly a great place for smart kids! I graduated from West IB and now attend a top tier liberal arts college, and I felt better prepared than most of my college classmates for the academic rigor of my school. I got a truly amazing education at West, and I give it the highest recommendation for students like myself, who want to seek out the opportunities and challenge themselves.

Posted April 22, 2011
This is a magnet school and that means that you have to look beyond test scores. It is big and public and is a good fit- in my opinion- for kids who are bright and/or unconventional and who have pretty involved parents. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else. They have made friends with kids who have varied backgrounds, religions, and interests. In our case, I think my children have benefited from being with people who live in different circumstances. This year the Student Government at this school decided to try to raise "$3,000 in three minutes" to benefit a resource center the school established to help some of the poorest families. They raised $9,000. That says a lot to me. The administration has been wonderful even though they struggle with funds and overwork like everybody else. As for the teachers? My daughter attends College at a top ten research University and she is doing very well there- obviously the teachers have done a great job preparing her for college. This is not a private school and you have to be on the job- but some parents are so dedicated to the program that they support it long after their children have stopped benefiting. Isn't that what it's all about?

Posted April 07, 2011
I can't recommend this school enough! My son attended five different schools in Davis Co. all with horrible bullying, nepotism and bias problems. (My kid has had straight A's in Honors classes the whole time, is white, very athletic, but not mormon!) Once entering West High School I was overjoyed at the happiness I witnessed in him! The rating of 5 at this school is way under rated! This place embraces an academically challenging programs with an AMAZING supportive staff, faculty AND administration who are loving and caring! We loved the diversity and loved the school spirit! The back to school night was the best I have ever experienced in 11 years with three kids in different schools. This school offers opportunities in whatever you would like to do at any time. Kids, teachers, parents, of all ethnicities, religious preferences and economic backgrounds all support and embrace each other. This education model works! The only thing I wish could change is that more parents would come support the band, music, and theatre programs... the kids need them! A truly balanced and strong academic program and a great lifetime experience we will never forget. Once a panther, always a panther.

Posted December 07, 2010
I attended West High for all 4 years back and LOVED IT!!! Great teachers who really care and experiencing an environment that is diverse and enriching. I now live in Gilbert AZ, and I wish my high school aged children could really experience what having school spirit is all about.

West High School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
West High has an awesome AP/IB program and supportive teachers, as well as great school spirit activities.

Posted February 03, 2009
West high was voted the best high school in utah for a reason. The academics, faculty and students are diverse and create a wonderful learning environment, my son has really enjoyed his 3 years so far at west.

West High School 4

Posted December 16, 2008
West High is amazing from a student's perspective! There are classes to challenge everyone at any level, and the diversity is truly an asset in Salt Lake. West has lots of extras to offer like clubs, AP/IB, and just lots of spirit. I have been at West for 3 years, and it's been great!

West High School 0

Posted December 03, 2008
Both my husband and I graduated from this school. Now my eldest is going to this school. It has always been a school with exceptional academics. It is the child who chooses to excell. West High has teachers who genuinely care about there students.

Posted October 06, 2008
West Panthers! Yay! Teachers are over the top achievers. Staff are more than supporters. I love this school. Go west! Love the diversity/multicultural. Lets get together and feel alright-Bobmarley.

West High School
241 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT  84103
Last modified West High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top