Salt Lake City, UT

Kearns-Saint Ann School 1

Posted June 02, 2013
A decade of darkness has ended, next year we bring back the KSA Monsignor Sullivan willed to us. With a new principal, new priest, some new staff, and several new teachers, joining the best of the schools remaining hardworking, dedicated, and professional teachers and experienced staff that never lost the vision. The school charter will again become living words. My family has had 15 students from 5 generations attend KSA. We watched with sadness the decay so obvious to so many for the past 10 years. Over 30 full pay families took their children to other schools in 2012 2013 school year. We thought all was lost but God heard our prayers and sent Fr. Mike who listened and then fought for what was right. How can you expel a 5 year old child but give a "Student Body Spirit Award" to an 8th grade graduate boy who has bullied other children for several years and was involved in every bullying activity at KSA? The most frightening part of all of this is that Sr. Catherine Kampus, Superintendent, didn't have the slightest clue anything was wrong at KSA and still doesn't.

Posted November 13, 2011
I'd recommend paying a visit to the school before making any 'less than positive' comments. The staff is absolutely amazing!- Every single one of them. Over 70% of the staff have a Masters degree. My children received the best education ever not to mention limitless love and nurturing. I can't say enough good things about the school. We love St. Ann.

Posted October 04, 2011
I got on your website and was SHOCKED to see the most recent rating of Kearns-Saint Ann School. What school was this parent talking about? It certainly isn't where my child is presently receiving a wonderful education. Yes, we help many families in need, but isn't that what a Catholic education is all about? As far as the staff goes, 70% of the school's staff has a Masters Degree. Apparently you don't attend the Parent Meetings that inform you about these things. For those of you who are looking for a wonderful place to educate your child, a warm caring place, full of spirituality, and morals of both children and staff, this is the place to be. My child will be well prepared for both high school and college, and I am sure your child would be too.

Kearns-Saint Ann School 2

Posted September 02, 2011
Leadership any vision are nowhere to be found. My parental observation is KSA has evolved into a charity school where it so many are getting a free ride or significant assistance, which is significantly limits the money the school has to work with and the pool of families that contribute to fund raising. If not for the overwhelming generosity of descendants of the school founders, I doubt the school would survive. For 10 grades (pre-k until 8), half of the teachers my child had were wonderful, however only about half of those remain. A few hires of the last few years seemed good. Several volunteers are horrible. Catholicism = 9; Simulated caring 8; Real caring 3; Equal treatment 2; Quality programs 3; Program diversity 1; Morals of student body 8; Average morals of staff 4; Current on teaching methods 3; Current on technology 0.

Posted August 27, 2009
Absolutely incredible school. The most culturally diverse school in Utah. Top rated in academics. Very structured with incredible commitment from all... students, teachers, parents, & administrative. Actually, we drive our children 45 min each way just to attend this school. Now we're looking to move closer..all because of the school and the opportunities it is and has provided our children.

Posted October 09, 2007
Kearns St Ann School provides the student an opportunity for spiritual as well as academic growth. Students are given opportunities to grow in the Catholic faith and practice prayer, mass and virtuous activity daily.

Posted September 25, 2007
Kearns - St Ann School provides an excellent basis in both academic and moral instruction with close supervision and support. The teachers are a dedicted group of professionals and the kids count themselves lucky to be here!

Posted June 25, 2007
I personally think that kearns st anns is a excellent school.they offer many extra programs if your child is struggling in a certain area of study.they teach different methods of comprehension,problem solving, and moral values that are not offered at public schools.they have high standards for education of there students.they require that all parents dedicate time to school functions,and classroom involvement.both my husband and I ,all of our siblings and my father are alumni of st. anns. therefore we all know first hand what a quality education is provided.

Posted March 09, 2005

Kearns-Saint Ann School
430 East 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT  84115
Last modified Kearns-Saint Ann School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Kearns-Saint Ann School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top