Salt Lake City, UT

Posted May 27, 2012
Realms is an amazing place that is as attuned to individual students as I believe it is possible for an institution to be. In fact, Realms of Inquiry is an amazing amalgam of the apparent benefits of individualized home-schooling and the resources, community-building and high standards of an excellent school. The fact that it is student-centered does not mean it is an easy place to be a student. After 6 months my formerly school-hating child came to the realization that the very real responsibility that comes with the freedom Realms offers is way harder to handle than following the formulas for getting A's at his former (East Coast, private) school. The international trips and outdoor program are incalculably valuable to the kids' emotional, social and intellectual development. We are so grateful to have found this incredible school!

Posted May 20, 2012
Realms is unique - a school that understands the differences that bright and gifted teens live with every day. Such children do not always fit the 'norm'. Realms gave our two children a chance to learn as they needed to learn - sometimes faster; sometimes wider; sometimes according to their own individual style - ways that allowed our independent students a chance to develop as they were made to develop. That is a beautiful and necessary thing for certain students. All we can say is "Thank you!" There is a lot of flexibility at Realms. If your child has an internal motor that drives them in a certain direction, then Realms will allow that motor to reach its goal. If your child sees the world differently because he or she is made for something particular, then Realms will engage that difference and allow it to blossom. Most of these children are the creative and brilliant individuals that society needs. It's worth valuing that so that everyone's future might benefit. Furthermore, Realms has a great outdoors curriculum that expands the students' capacities above and beyond, and causing them to mature into people who actively engage with the world. Again, thank you Realms!

Posted April 12, 2012
Realms is unique in Utah. It has a very strong focus on learning through experience. Gifted children work with their teachers towards a curriculum that allows them to learn at the rate that is right for them. It has a very small student to teacher ratio and a highly committed faculty. Consider Realms@

Posted November 17, 2008
My daughter loves Realms of Inquiry very much. The teachers are very helpful, knowledgeable and excellent in every way. Since the school is small, older kids and younger kids interact each other as friends . The school is open to new concepts/ideas and does incredible job teaching children. We are glad that we found Realms of Inquiry!!!

Posted November 12, 2004
I am a senior at Realms and about to graduate 2 trimesters early. Realms provides opportunities and experiences completely unlike the majority of schools. The student-to-teacher ratio is excellent, and the school's unique curriculum attract teachers that are intelligent, caring, and well-rounded. An excellent place for bright kids who don't really fit in 'the system'.

Posted August 15, 2004

Posted April 22, 2004
- a former student
I attended this school for three years (9-12) I graduated a year earlier than anyone expected with a g.p.a. that would have been impossible in my previous school. The international trips taken every march were exciting, and informative in ways to live in the real world. I now live independently half way across the country (Rochester, N.Y) and thank Realms for the knowledge they gave me, the support they still give me, and all of the book and real world skills I coudnt have gotten any where else. I reccomend Realms to anyone with a child with A.D.D. (I have it and it didnt matter there) and to anyone else looking for a special place to send their children -Adam Walton

Posted February 23, 2004
My son attended Realms for 5 years on campus, and another 2 years by distance learning (5th-12th grade). He blossomed into a bright, articulate, and self-confident young man. He loved the intellectual depth of the classes, the challenge of the outings and excitement of the international trips. It was the best thing that ever happened to him - and our family. He found bright kids like himself there and a nurturing environment. Ross and Will taught him how to be a responsible adult. I can't recommend this school enough. It was a fantastic experience for all of us. We still feel like family!

Realms Of Inquiry