Posted August 28, 2014
My child finished her first year at ICS in middle school last year and had an OUTSTANDING expeience. The teachers are increbibly involved with the kids and seem to take absolute joy teaching there. The academic standards seemed, to me, to be high (been at private schools since pre-k) with appropriately high expectations for academics as well as behavior. In light of high behavior standards, there were typical issues that came up through the school year (classwide as well as individual) that were handled with openness, grace and courtesy on the part of teachers as well as parents. Middle school athletics were a pleasure to be a part of. Coaches played all kids and worked with all to develop skills along with sportsmanship. We are beginning HS this year and everything continues to be meeting or exceeding expectations. As parents we are seeking a school environment that partners well with us as we seek to raise a child with a solid, personal, Christian faith. We could not be more pleased with that partnership, thus far. I have read some of the negative comments and wonder if the comments could have been about the same school.

Intermountain Christian School 1

Posted August 27, 2014
This school is terrible and the person below public schools do have music,band and pe. Don't talk about things you don't know lol get your facts straight don't start talking your mouth if you don't know what your taking about let people have there own opinions .!.

Posted August 27, 2013
If these parents, who wrote the negative reviews below, were brave they would actually tell the administration, face to face, about the problems of the school. Instead they hide behind the veil of a website where they slander and demean the school. Most of these negative reviews, like the one below, are probably posted by parents who think their child can do no wrong. Most likely their child's teacher disciplined them or gave them a bad grade and so the parents swooped down in their helicopters to save their child from such atrocities. Their child probably couldn't hold up to the high academic standards of ICS and so they pulled their child out. Their child is now in a public school where there is no music, band, art, or PE classes, the teacher has 30+ students, their teacher could care less about their child's upbringing, and their child is "succeeding" and getting straight A's because no one can fail in public school. Please, if you have a problem with the school don't go on this website to just slander, spread gossip, and demean. ICS is, and has always been, a great school. They are continue to keep up with state standards, yes even the veteran teachers.

Intermountain Christian School 2

Posted August 24, 2013
The elementary school is lagging behind the local public schools.. It once was ahead of the curve, but those days are gone. Not sure why this has happened, but feel that leadership is definitely lacking. A few of the teachers have been there too long and seem to just refuse to change. As for Christ centered, perhaps the teachers are this way, but my children have been exposed to things by classmates that I find totally unacceptable.

Posted May 07, 2013
I've been a parent at ICS for seven years. I've been more impressed in the school than what I expected at the start. The elementary teachers have been outstanding and care for our children in great ways. As our family is approaching Middle School we've been looking closer at Middle and High School and our confidence is growing there too. There seem to be some great things happening on that front. They have gone through some administration changes recently and seem to be heading in some great directions with exciting visions for the future. The school is academically strong, but still cares for our children deeply. The Christ-centered environment is one that I wouldn't want to sacrifice. I doubt any parent can say their school is perfect and this is no exception. But I've appreciated the care and attention the faculty and staff have had for our family and we're thriving in the environment.

Intermountain Christian School 2

Posted November 16, 2012
The high school gives 3-5 hours of homework per night. If that's what you're after, then this is the school for you. If you want time on the weekend for church or family activities, don't send your child here. It can be annoying listening to the "rich" kids talk.

Posted April 14, 2012
I have a daughter that currently attends ICS and was enrolled in Kindergarten with the current teacher. I'd like to comment in response to a recent post regarding this teacher. First of all, if you think being gentle, caring and kind with students is "baby" talk, then okay. I never heard what I consider "baby talk" ever. She loved my child and showed immense concern for her education and overall well-being. She always speaks kindly and is able to manage the classroom in a loving, godly manner. Additionally, I have seen the school's test scores and they score well above the national averages at both the upper and lower levels. One of the main things that keeps our family from moving is ICS.

Posted April 13, 2012
This is a response to an earlier post questioning the career paths or college graduation rates of former ICS students. My siblings and I (covering a 10 year span) all graduated from ICS and college and saw many, many of our high school peers do the same. Simply knowing people from that decade alone, one can see the world impacted with people in medicine, law enforcement, education, business, industry and a whole host of other careers which require a college education. The people I know from that era would willingly say they were well prepared for college and life beyond. ICS can't take credit for all of that, but it can and should take credit for preparing students for the next step in life -- whether that be college or something else.

Intermountain Christian School 1

Posted April 12, 2012
Very disappointed in the early grades. We'd heard from everyone that ICS had the best Kindergarten in town. This has not been our experience. The teacher is consistently late and "baby" talks to the children. I have been appalled at the amount of candy handed out and have told the teacher my child isn't allowed; my requested hasn't been honored. I have voiced my concerns to the principal and was told "she's always taught this way and everyone loves her".

Posted February 12, 2012
Look at ICS' test scores, and you will see that ICS is ahead academically. I say this in response to the review about ICS not being academically ahead. Test scores, college acceptances and comparisons to other schools in the area prove what ICS attests to. ICS can't compete, nor can most private schools, with public schools as far as providing everything for everybody...they simply don't have the resources. For the VERY REASONABLY priced tuition, the value you get at ICS is far and above any other private school in the Salt Lake Valley.

Intermountain Christian School
6515 Lion Ln, Salt Lake City, UT  84121
Last modified Intermountain Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Intermountain Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.