No rating

Madeleine Choir School

Private | PK-8 | 280 students

Living in Salt Lake City

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $266,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $630.

Posted May 10, 2014

We have been here for 4 years, and both of our children love it. Our son in in Pre-K and the teacher is incredibly patient and makes learning so much fun. She has gotten our son, who wouldn't even try to draw a circle before school, to write all of his letters, pictures of all kinds, and love learning. They also have a very broad curriculum, unlike public school. They begin Spanish in Pr-K, they also have music, violin starting in 2nd grade, art and pe. The teachers are all such a high caliber of educator, and the parents are very involved. The music education is amazing, and the basic curriculum is thorough and challenging. It is worth the money to send our children here. Education is about children, not standardized testing!

Posted October 23, 2012

As a parent whose two children graduated from here (2006, 2012), I can't say enough about the quality of education they received. Your children will receive a classical education here: music from Kindergarten forward, music theory beginning in Grade 4, Latin beginning in Grade 4, violin in Grades 2 and 3, and choir in Grades 5-8... plus a top-notch science and math curriculum, and a delightful art teacher/classes! Students learn respect, personal responsibility, and the desire to do excellent work. The choir commitment is quite demanding and absolutely worth it. This isn't a regular "school choir" -- this choir is recording CDs and performing to sell-out crowds, and touring Europe every two years, and domestically every other year. While both my children were choristers, they also both excel in math and science. I'm certain there's a correlation! Come check out this school; private tours are always accommodated!

Posted November 21, 2010

This is an excellent school! This school has a fun atmosphere. it is a big choir commitment. There is also a program for called collegium who are not good enough to be in choir or just do not have enough time. The teachers are great. I absolutely love it! I have learned so much. I have been to Italy and Spain for this school! I will never forget that experience. It can be a bit challenging, but it will set you up for an excellent high school and college career. You will not regret sending your kids to this school!

Posted January 8, 2010

The School is now under the administration of its original founder. It continues to bring world-class choral music to its community and extraordinary educational opportunities to its students.

Posted November 21, 2009

Incredible school! The caliber of the teachers is the best I've experienced while being there! Very strong 10+ have their Masters or two! My child went on to test into the higher Math, Science and Language (Latin) classes in High School after graduating from the Choir School. They were very forthcoming with the choir involvement. With my 3 students of various grades the choir component has paid off in so many ways!! Time management, discipline, the focus on service to others, in addition to the advance music training they receive. They also have a great Athletic program!

Posted December 15, 2008

Great school in the past. This year six new teachers. Less experienced and it shows. What they don't tell you about is the huge choir commitment starting in 5th grade. Hard to balance kids' outside interests with choir. Kids not intent on music and choir feel left out.

Posted December 2, 2007

My son has been with the school since K, and is now in 3rd grade. We love the school, especially it's focused on music. Music supports all aspects of the solid, well-rounded curriculum, and the sense of community is like no other. My child loves going to school, isn't that the ultimate litmus test?

Posted November 19, 2007

School has excellent faculty and music program. Discipline is uniform and fairly enforced. The choir has opportunities to sing nationally as well as abroad. Excellent school

Posted November 7, 2007

This school is the most wonderful school I have ever attended. It has the most amazing sense of security and the community is outstanding. I will be so sad to leave next year.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 30, 2007

Outstanding Catholic school. The children are given a solid, well rounded and unique education in a close knit academic community. Absolutely love it! being a part off being a part o

Posted November 6, 2006

I was so lucky that I got in and I feel blessed that I went there, I really wish I could've started learning at this profession of expert kid singers much earlier. Thinking about all the memories I have from there, remembering the singing, the people and everything, this led me to believe that this was literally my dream school. I recommend that all you parents looking for a good school for your kids that you should sned them to MCS.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 4, 2006

What a surprise in Salt Lake City. This Gem of a school provides a challenging academic program, teaches respect front and back and gives such confidence to young people in a secure environment. From Kindergarten, which happens to have one of the most gifted teachers I have ever experienced to eighth grade where these kids are more prepared for the world than any private school we have interviewed in Utah.

Posted February 13, 2006

MCS is an exciting place to be. The children are engaged and busy. They are challenged in the classroom and love to learn. The school serves a unique mission and the children are excited to be a part of it. The school has struggled with its leadership and its close connection to the very conservative Cathedral.

Posted January 7, 2006

I am a student at MCS (Madeliene Choir School) and personally, i love it there! This is my second year at Madeleine, and I've get a billlion calls from my old friends calling for math, science, social studies, and music questions. Everyone says 'Well Madeleine Choir School is based upon singing,' well it's not just singing. People think all we do is sing during the day, but thats not all! We usually have three or four periods with our homeroom teachers, then we have choir, lunch, and then other subjects like math, science and religion. I absolutly love my teachers. They show you respect, and treat you as a young adult. No matter what day it is you see soccer players practicing outside, basketball players on the court. The parent involvement is amazing! I believe i know all my friends parents. Madeleine Rocks! It's a fantastic school!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 30, 2005

My son started at Madeleine Choir School two years ago. Before joining he was extremely shy and was often second-guessing his actions. He is now a confident, charismatic 11 year old boy with a beautiful soprano voice! Madeleine has instilled these tremendous qualities. We are all very proud of him and grateful that we enrolled him at the school.

Posted April 27, 2005

My daughter has been at this school for 3 years and the growth they have seen is incredible. My daughter has excelled at math, latin, languages and music. She has sung the rarely performed 'Passion of Christ' by Bach, in German, sang in 4 cathedrals in Austria and Germany and she is only 11. Most importantly the school has instilled a sense of social responsibility, concern and kindness for people of all faiths and cultures.

Posted January 24, 2005

This school is amazing! It gives such great opportunities to young people everywhere. Without this school who knows where i'd be along with many other students. It is such a great community full of kind, generous, caring people who are always willing to help each other. It is an amazing institution with great academic success. It is like a highschool prepatory which helps you to build up study habits that you may not have learned other wise. In the end it is an excellent academic musical institution filled with great leadership.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 2%

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Salt Lake

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

205 East 1st Avenue