PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

This education I have received has been astronomical. I can't thank Challenger enough for it, but its worker quality has plummeted since the death of Barbara Baker. (I am greatly sorry if I have misspelled her name.) There are a select few teachers who are extraordinary though. Ex: Mrs. Cance, Mr. Berk, Mr. Hawkins, Miss. Gray, Mr. Holliday (hope I spelled his name correctly), Mr. and Mrs. Neilson, Mr. Rosenhan, Mrs. Cook, Mrs. Babcock, and Mrs. Camp. All of those teachers listed have been amazing teachers and I thank all of them. I thank Mrs. Gourgeon for her work as principal of Sandy Challenger. If I may suggest Challenger, you shouldn't advertise that you need employment in totally random sites and newspapers. That is probably one of the many reasons why people have been complaining about the seriously falling standards of teachers. These people may be qualified to be a teacher, but they don't have experience with children. But overall, the education has been amazing.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Look, most subjects have just the right amount of homework, but in math there is way too much. Thirty problems of math homework are given to the students every single day. Chalkenger could at least cut the students a break. Give us ten math problems, six for the current lesson, and the other four for past lessons.

Develops character: Neutral

It only depends on the teacher. Mr. Holliday did promote honesty, integrity, and justice. While another teacher may be easily pushed around. It all depends on the student and they can't just be saying things Challenger wanted them to say, believe it or not that makes people rebels.

I adore the preschool program. My daughter is excited to learn and loves school. Also, Challenger Schools just released a promotion stating that if you are referred to the all day M-F program by a current preschool student, both the referer and the referee get a 15% discount for the 14-15 school year! That's over $130 off each month! Please contact me at chica_girl55 at yahoo.com so we can both get a great deal!

As a graduate of this school (Preschool-8th grade) I can attest that the success my brother and I have attained is wholly credited to the education we received at this school. At 25, my brother (also an alumni of Challenger) has recently graduated from medical school and is beginning his career as an Army doctor, a dream that was cultivated from the time he began at Challenger. As for myself, now 22, I graduated over a year ago with my B.S. in Economics and am currently pursuing my M.S. in Applied Economics. Challenger teaches students how to learn regardless of teacher, environment, or social influence. This is a valuable skill in the workplace and in developing a successful and independent adult. Challenger develops the whole child, not just an academic child. From critical thinking skills, memorization skills, and public speaking experience, to a strong sense of patriotism, Challenger students are the future of America. I will agree there is no one demanding parents become involved in the daily education process, but that is primarily why you are paying tuition. If you want to be involved you will be given plenty of opportunity to do so every night working on homework.

All of my kids attended from 3 year old Preschool through Kindergarten. This school is excellent and I highly recommend it. They sing and learn phonics all day. My kids LOVE this place.

This school is the best school I know. The teachers are enthusiastic and are very willing to try and help the kids learn. Mrs.Winter the principal makes learning fun. We do lots of fun activities that help us learn. Challenger has a great way teaching the kids they also have the awesome after school programs. They have chess, dance, drama, and choral. If don't go to those programs, but stay after school you can learn life skills too. It might seem expensive to some parents but it is worth it. The kids learn advance stuff that some parents might not understand. In eighth grade you do a store and earn real money from 3-8 you do science fair. From 1-2 you do Pioneer Day. You dress like a pioneer and make scones and play games from the 1800s. 1-2 graders also do state reports which are really fun so Challenger is a great school.

Challenger is a great school that develops critical skills such as math, grammar, science, and composition. Thanks to it, I won the school spelling bee at my new school, maintain a 4.0 GPA with nothing under a 98, and have been praised on being very articulate. I type at an average word speed at over 80, and this school deserves nothing less than a 5- star rating! Anyone giving it average or under just doesn't like to learn! This is coming from a former student with actual experience!

I have been reading the reviews on this website, and I am shocked to see that Challenger has only received a 3-star rating. I attended this school from third to eighth grade, and I don't know where I would be if I hadn't. Challenger's preparation has allowed me to do so many things. After graduating, I spent a year at a private high school, taking all honors and AP courses. In almost every class, teachers commented on how powerful my writing was, and I was also commended for my ability to speak confidently and clearly to teachers and students. I was published twice in the Salt Lake Tribune. This year, I am studying in Australia. I spend twenty hours a week training for a sport, and I am still able to acheive straight-As in challenging courses. Many of my friends who graduated from Challenger and do not do sports have chosen to spend their free time preparing for national science, math, and debate competitions. We all agree that our school has taught us to work hard and attack the world's problems with open minds. In the years to come, Challenger alumni will be the life-changing leaders, inventors, researchers, and writers of the world.

Watch out for the Pre-K! Ms Aubrey is horrible and the Directors at the Sandy campus are useless. Ms Aubrey, in particular, specializes in preaching instead of teaching and has absolutely no patience. She ll go over the concept one time and if the kids don t understand (which is every time) she will write a note on their paper saying the child wasn t listening. So the parent ends up teaching the kids at home. Now, I can understand every now and then, but this was happening every day! What was I paying $1,000.00 a month for? Ms Aubrey made my daughter so miserable that she was single-handedly turning her first learning experiences into a nightmare. I had to wait a full year to write this review, because the Teachers and Directors retaliate against the kids if you bring up any problems. I don t understand how anyone could treat these cute little kids the way Ms Aubrey does and the Directors are so defensive they can't see what is, so clearly, a big problem. Definitely a boot camp. :(

Last modified Challenger School-Salt Lake is a Private school that serves grades PK-8