Posted November 21, 2014
I adore the preschool program. My daughter is excited to learn and loves school. Also, Challenger Schools just released a promotion stating that if you are referred to the all day M-F program by a current preschool student, both the referer and the referee get a 15% discount for the 14-15 school year! That's over $130 off each month! Please contact me at chica_girl55 at yahoo.com so we can both get a great deal!

Posted June 11, 2014
As a graduate of this school (Preschool-8th grade) I can attest that the success my brother and I have attained is wholly credited to the education we received at this school. At 25, my brother (also an alumni of Challenger) has recently graduated from medical school and is beginning his career as an Army doctor, a dream that was cultivated from the time he began at Challenger. As for myself, now 22, I graduated over a year ago with my B.S. in Economics and am currently pursuing my M.S. in Applied Economics. Challenger teaches students how to learn regardless of teacher, environment, or social influence. This is a valuable skill in the workplace and in developing a successful and independent adult. Challenger develops the whole child, not just an academic child. From critical thinking skills, memorization skills, and public speaking experience, to a strong sense of patriotism, Challenger students are the future of America. I will agree there is no one demanding parents become involved in the daily education process, but that is primarily why you are paying tuition. If you want to be involved you will be given plenty of opportunity to do so every night working on homework.

Posted December 30, 2013
All of my kids attended from 3 year old Preschool through Kindergarten. This school is excellent and I highly recommend it. They sing and learn phonics all day. My kids LOVE this place.

Posted August 15, 2013
This school is the best school I know. The teachers are enthusiastic and are very willing to try and help the kids learn. Mrs.Winter the principal makes learning fun. We do lots of fun activities that help us learn. Challenger has a great way teaching the kids they also have the awesome after school programs. They have chess, dance, drama, and choral. If don't go to those programs, but stay after school you can learn life skills too. It might seem expensive to some parents but it is worth it. The kids learn advance stuff that some parents might not understand. In eighth grade you do a store and earn real money from 3-8 you do science fair. From 1-2 you do Pioneer Day. You dress like a pioneer and make scones and play games from the 1800s. 1-2 graders also do state reports which are really fun so Challenger is a great school.

Posted May 29, 2013
Challenger is a great school that develops critical skills such as math, grammar, science, and composition. Thanks to it, I won the school spelling bee at my new school, maintain a 4.0 GPA with nothing under a 98, and have been praised on being very articulate. I type at an average word speed at over 80, and this school deserves nothing less than a 5- star rating! Anyone giving it average or under just doesn't like to learn! This is coming from a former student with actual experience!

Posted May 09, 2013
I have been reading the reviews on this website, and I am shocked to see that Challenger has only received a 3-star rating. I attended this school from third to eighth grade, and I don't know where I would be if I hadn't. Challenger's preparation has allowed me to do so many things. After graduating, I spent a year at a private high school, taking all honors and AP courses. In almost every class, teachers commented on how powerful my writing was, and I was also commended for my ability to speak confidently and clearly to teachers and students. I was published twice in the Salt Lake Tribune. This year, I am studying in Australia. I spend twenty hours a week training for a sport, and I am still able to acheive straight-As in challenging courses. Many of my friends who graduated from Challenger and do not do sports have chosen to spend their free time preparing for national science, math, and debate competitions. We all agree that our school has taught us to work hard and attack the world's problems with open minds. In the years to come, Challenger alumni will be the life-changing leaders, inventors, researchers, and writers of the world.

Challenger School-Salt Lake 1

Posted March 13, 2013
Watch out for the Pre-K! Ms Aubrey is horrible and the Directors at the Sandy campus are useless. Ms Aubrey, in particular, specializes in preaching instead of teaching and has absolutely no patience. She ll go over the concept one time and if the kids don t understand (which is every time) she will write a note on their paper saying the child wasn t listening. So the parent ends up teaching the kids at home. Now, I can understand every now and then, but this was happening every day! What was I paying $1,000.00 a month for? Ms Aubrey made my daughter so miserable that she was single-handedly turning her first learning experiences into a nightmare. I had to wait a full year to write this review, because the Teachers and Directors retaliate against the kids if you bring up any problems. I don t understand how anyone could treat these cute little kids the way Ms Aubrey does and the Directors are so defensive they can't see what is, so clearly, a big problem. Definitely a boot camp. :(

Posted January 24, 2013
I graduated from this program last year. I went all the way from the preschool program to the graduation in the 8th grade. Now enrolled in public school, I am very grateful for the excellent foundation that the school gave me. Public school is relativly easy now, and I am getting straight A's with not much effort, however, to me maybe not much effort is normal as I'm used to doing much more. They challenge you early so that the harder things later on in high school and college really aren't as hard because you are used to it. The classes are all fantastic. The teachers, especially those who have been there for many years are fantastic. They are skilled, and since they have known the students longer and have fewer students than teachers in public schools, they really get to know the kids. The teachers actually care. I can write a long, well worded essay in almost no time at all. Challenger is fantastic at building skills that allow kids to be better students late on. Even those who don't finish the program have these skills. I'm glad I took advantage of their middle school program. They really put me ahead, and I am grateful for that. Send your kids here. It's worth it. I miss it.

Posted February 05, 2011
Everyday I am more impressed by this wonderful institution. I have three children who are currently attending. The teaching methods at Challenger are thorough, the ethics and manners are refreshing, the teachers are well trained and competent and the administration is sound. I have yet to find a complaint.

Posted April 29, 2010
When you walk into a Challenger class room, you see kids quite, focused and participating. This is the environment children can learn in. Not 30 kids goofing off while the teacher tries to gain control.

Challenger School-Salt Lake
1325 S Main Street, Salt Lake City, UT  84115
Last modified Challenger School-Salt Lake is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Challenger School-Salt Lake Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top