Salt Lake City, UT
Before care: Yes

Posted November 11, 2014
My kids both attended MCSSLC for 4 years while we lived in Utah. I have had experience with numerous schools around the world and this is by far the best private school I have ever seen. Well organized, clean, professional and caring teachers. I don't usually post reviews but I felt that this school deserved my time.

Montessori Community School 1

Posted August 11, 2014
This school is bad news. The caregivers cannot handle the large class sizes and many children working on separate activities. Unless your child is a perfectly behaved genius or a child of a staff member, your kid will get no attention at all. Hopefully the best result of this will be that your child is a slow reader. So someday when you come to your senses and take your kid out of this school he will be able to get special reading help in a regular public school and catch back up to where he was supposed to be before you went down this ridiculous path. Also, your child may be being hurt by the other children in the school when they leave children unattended in a separate room without any teacher supervision. This school has had a number of similar problems over the years and they always blame it on the children or parents instead of looking in the mirror and realizing the director is responsible for all the childrens safety. Why does the school continue to leave children unattended? With the number of problems that they have had this is very scary question about this school. Your child may come out of this school not being able to read and suffering from symptoms of stress.

Posted July 18, 2014
This is one of the finest Montessori Schools in the world! It holds true to the core principles and over-all philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. If you want an environment where your child can learn, while immersed in a culture of love for children, openness and trust, this is certainly something you should consider. I have had children and a grandchild in this school for over fourteen years. Simply wonderful!

Posted July 18, 2014
My husband and I have been so fortunate to have our kids attend MCS. Our son has attended since January of 2011 and our daughter since the fall of 2013. The commitment to the Montessori philosophy and devotion to educating children with kindness and love are just some of the reasons we have stayed at MCS for these years and hope to continue for as long as possible. We have had such fun watching our kids bloom into even more wonderful and kind people as they navigate the MCS curriculum.

Posted July 17, 2014
One or both of our children have been enrolled at MCS since 2007. At MCS, our boys have thrived. They are as different as two children can be, but their academic and social/emotional lives have flourished in the Montessori environment. The school works closely in partnership with parents to communicate and problem-solve. My children have been treated with incredible care, dignity and love - yet they've been encouraged to work hard, focus and challenge themselves to achieve specific goals. There is something immeasurable and priceless about walking into an environment and seeing your kids so thoroughly engaged and happy. Each day is not perfect, no one can expect that of any educational environment...but the care, consideration and connection these teachers and administrators have with the children (from toddlers to young teenagers) is truly remarkable. We love and wholeheartedly recommend MCS to anyone looking to partner with educators who are intelligent, exceptionally well-trained, and deeply caring.

Posted July 17, 2014
This school is something special. When business brought us to SLC, my wife and I searched high and low for a childcare solution for our 2 year old. We visited several toddler programs before looking into MCS, but on that first visit we felt pretty much instantly that it was 'the place' for our son. And I'm happy to report that, nearly a decade later, it's one of the best decisions we've ever made. What we saw initially as a nurturing, loving and safe childcare solution for two working parents has become something much more. Our first child's experience was so positive that we felt no hesitation in enrolling his younger sibling. Our kids have thrived academically and socially at MCS. The teachers are dedicated to developing a love of learning in their students, and the administrators are very sensitive to special needs and circumstances. A single negative reviewer seems to suggest the administration only cares about money, but my personal experience refutes that. The school's director has been incredibly generous and sensitive to my family in the face of daunting financial and health challenges. My kids have blossomed at MCS, and I couldn't be happier with our experience.

Montessori Community School 1

Posted June 26, 2014
Our experience in the Early Childhood Program went downhill in the course of the three year program due to frequent staff turnover, a large student-teacher ratio (31:3; 3-6 year-olds), and teachers spending time out of the classroom. The MCS Director owns the school. Her bottom line is money. This overrides student safety and well-being. There are multiple instances of bullying in the EC and Elementary programs including an instance where a teacher bullied a five year-old student. The school Administration refused to adopt a bullying policy. This school is not accredited. It is a licensed business with Salt Lake City Corp.. It is not registered as a private school with the Utah State Department of Education. MCS is not a registered member of any national or international Montessori society/organization or with the Better Business Bureau. The many positive reviews written by MCS parents in the previous months are sincere. However, the MCS Director gave parents an option to write reviews in exchange for parent volunteer hours that must be paid out if not completed by the end of the school year. The Director vetted all reviews before doling out volunteer hours for 2013-2014.

Posted May 15, 2014
MCS has been absolutely amazing in so many ways for my son. He started with the Toddler program and was welcomed by the most caring and warm hearted staff. I could see throughout the program year that he was becoming much more social and independent. He would come home saying all sorts of new vocabulary and I noticed that his motor skills had improved tremendously. He is now in the Early Childhood Dual Language program and I have to say-- has completely come out of his shell and comes home telling me tidbits that he has learned at school. His teachers are the best that anyone could ask for and I'm thankful that my son has them in his life. All of the staff at MCS are amazing and create such a sense of community amongst the teachers, students, and families. Thank you MCS!

Posted May 10, 2014
Montessori Community School is an ideal match for our daughter. She is curious and extroverted, like many toddlers, and is still learning how to work in groups and use her words, like almost all toddlers. The teachers at MCS encourage her to grow in her strengths and to improve in other areas. With two years of Montessori under her belt, she has become a child who respects others and works for the good of the community but also knows her mind and constantly explores new interests. I went to Montessori for my preschool years, so I knew that I wanted to check out Montessori schools for my own child. This school, more than any other I ve ever experienced, truly embraces the philosophy. Not only in the classroom, but in the community events and parent education nights. This is not to say they are dogmatic; actually, they are extremely open to making adjustments for individual children. Our child s teachers have become our partners in guiding her to a happy and productive life. I can t say enough about how happy we are with MCS. My daughter loves to go to school every day and talks about all her friends and teachers.

Posted April 30, 2014
Great School w/ awesome teachers. We are so glad our son in MCS and wants to go to school everyday. It amazing how much he is learning and becoming confident and independent.

Montessori Community School
2416 E 1700 S, Salt Lake City, UT  84108
Last modified Montessori Community School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori Community School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top