450 students|Jordan District

Bad
Good

I have no doubt this elementary school must be one of the best around. I have researched it a lot. As a prospective parents, we were happy that a slot was available for our child. Unfortunately, it must be said, there is still a level of racism present. It is not outspoken, of course, but one knows exactly, one can tell. You see, we are not your typical white Caucasian family. We are Hispanic. We are well educated and have professional degrees. None of that matters of course, just how you look, I guess. Basically my experience is as follows: we received a letter indicating that a spot was available for our child. We decided to visit the place one day, and, boy, what a chilling reception. Nothing wrong or insulting was said to us, but the body language and the words, or severe lack of them. are as clear as anything. The receptionist/secretary person was clearly giving me the message "I do not want you here, when are you leaving already?". As much as a fake smile and some cold answers may try to ameliorate this awkward meeting, one can tell. Very sad, and I think that if my child was there, it would be a nightmare to endure, and I don't think I want my child to go through that.

We have been very pleased with the teachers and parents at Brookwood. All are top notch!

I currently have 3 children attending Brookwood and I am consistently pleased with the education my children receive. We moved here from Ann Arbor, where the schools have an excellent reputation, but have not been disappointed, rather, pleasantly surprised at the varied activities and educational opportunities for our children in this area. The Principal is amazing and overall, we have been pleased with the teaching staff as well. We love Brookwood and the surrounding community.

Love Brookwood! There are so many enrichment activities for the children including arts education. The principal is amazing and knows all of the children. She is so enthusiastic and makes the school environment fun. Parents make a huge difference and contribute much to the success of the school.

I take both of my children to Brookwood. We are on permit and I drive my kids to and from school everyday and wouldn't have it anyother way.

Last modified Brookwood School is a Public school that serves grades K-6