Edgemont School 1

Posted February 04, 2010
I have to say that I have been tremendously disappointed in the education my child has received. She is gifted but we moved from another state and didn't get into the High Ability school, so we were stuck with the neighborhood school. Her teacher, a first year teacher, told us that she could not challenge her because there were kids in her class that were reading on a second grade level and meeting their needs was more important. She has regressed and lost much of her advanced learning from the other state. Talk about No Child Left Behind--miy child's needs are totally being thrown to the wayside. THEN, mid-year, they switch out principals for no good reason. I would look into the Catholic schools if you are looking for a quality education in Sandy!

Edgemont School 5

Posted November 10, 2008
I am the grandparent of two students who attend Edgemont Elementary School. I am so impressed with the teachers and the education they offer the students. They have so many activies such as talent shows, the Easter Parade, a Choir, etc. The teachers involve parents and interact them often to inform them about progress of their children. Edgemont is an excellent and model school along with the principal and teachers.

Edgemont School 0

Posted February 29, 2008
Edgemont is a great school. I was worried that my daughter would not get enough attention because she accells in class, but her teacher spent a ton of one-on-one time with her anyway, because she wants her to continue to accell in school. There are a lot of arts at this school as well. There is even a choir.

Edgemont School 5