Bad
Good

Very disappointed this school year. Seems like my child's teacher is constantly having a sub and the way the homework is done now is completely confusing and extremely inconsistent. Not going to have my children attend next school year because of the 2014-2015 school year experiences we have had.

Oakdale has some really good teachers but some really bad ones too. My son's kindergarten teacher was absolutely terrible but my daughter's was wonderful. The school has a new principal this year and I hope that she may require some higher standards for the teachers there. In my experience, the 1-3 grade teams were very good but the 4-6 grade teachers were overall seriously lacking in organization and definitely lacking in professionalism. Please, cover your cleavage, don't play R-rated music in the classroom, don't discuss your tatoos with students, take bullying seriously. The PTA is wonderful but a bit over the top - simpler works better for me. Awesome office staff.

We came from a private school and this is our first year at Oakdale. Great experience so far. All staff is great from the top on down. Including every teacher thus far. My boys grades have inproved, but I also have to be involved as a parent at home and at school to know what is going on. I love the technology that is involved in homework and classwork. Wow, my Jr. High Neice's are doing the same math as the my 6th grade child (keep it up Oakdale).

The teachers seem unfocused and just "trying to make to the end" of the year. The few days Utah hasn't furlowed they waste watching movies. Also teachers do not respect student diversity. As a non-christian family I am offending by the continual reading of religious holiday books to my kids.

The teachers are great. This years teacher has actually got my son to want to read.... it's a miracle!

We adore the principal and the office staff. They are extremely helpful and very loving towards the children. There are some very wonderful teachers, however we had two really bad experiences. The teachers were lacking organization skills, and they would single my child out repetitively with negative remarks.

Oakdale is a great school. The teachers, students, and parents are very involved. The teachers want the best for each child. Students read over 2,000,000 minutes during the 2008-09 school year. Students in grades 2-6 participate in district math challenges each year. Oakdale places in the top three for the Jordan District consistently year after year. Generally we have 8-12 students go on to the region science fair from our school.

The school was a great fit for my son. He had a great teacher. Some of the grade levels have very cohesive teaching teams - they really work together to teach. Other teachers are uninterested in pushing themselves or their students. Oakdale tries really hard to promote the safety of their students and are sticklers for their parking lot policies. The PTA has an exclusive feel and it is hard to feel welcome when everyone else is so close, but they are very well organized and do a lot for the children. My son's experience in first grade was extremely positive. I loved his teachers and served as head room mother. The teachers really welcome parent involvement in the classroom.

Last modified Oakdale School is a Public school that serves grades K-6