Bad
Good

Our oldest son, who is now in 5th grade attended Sprucewood as a kindergartener. Unfortunately, we had to move away before the first grade. But, we've since returned and he has been able to attend his 4th and 5th grade yr. here , once again. When we moved back to UT, there was no doubt where we wanted our children to attend school. Having had such wonderful experiences our middle child is now making his kindergarten debut at Sprucewood as well!! Not only can I say enough good things about the dedication and heart these teachers have for the well being of their students. I could never say ONE negative thing about Principal Garth Anderson. My mom who is also a teacher at another local elementary school spoke highly of Mr. Anderson, as she told of her substituting days for him years ago.( she has now been teaching for more than 25 yrs.. And each yr. has parents BEGGING her to make a way so that she may teach their children.)SPRUCEWOOD RATING#1. NO DOUBT!!! Hands down!!!

I had great teachers at Sprucewood. My son has Aspergers and was diagnosed in 1st grade. His teachers, including Mrs. Graham, taught him with great love and concern. I feel as though they hand picked the best teacher for him every year. We had a few minor problems with bullying, but I kept in good contact with the teachers about any problems. His problems with peers are not unique to Sprucewood. But overall, I feel like they were handled appropriately.

My child had the worst experience at Mrs. Graham's class after she lost her cool and said awful things about my child. We actually heard her. My child was too scared to go back to her class, and I finished the school year at home. The principal seemed more interested in defending the teacher's behavior than actually acknowledging the wrong doing. First grade was a bit better, but bullying is a serious problem that seems to be ignored. My child was thrilled to leave Sprucewood.

I have to agree with the bulling issue at Sprucewood. I took my son out of this school for the same reason. We still live near the school and I have have to call at least once a year when I see a child being beat up on the playground near the neighborhood street. On another note we had several great teachers, but one that was so horrible it was a was of a whole year. I had to get my son a tutor just to catch up. Yes, she is still teaching.

Used to be a big fan until I saw a student being kicked and punched by the slide while the teacher was grading papers on her chair. A couple of weeks later I ran to the playground to defend another boy being beat up, and discovered my son doubled up after being kicked and beaten by someone 2 grades higher. The perpetrator was suspended for one day, the next day, but not before my son was told by the bully he was "going to get his." Bullying is an issue that needs to be addressed in a serious manner, not casually pushed away. It will undoubtedly happen again, but not to my kids. They are schooled virtually now. I have no faith in public schools for the well-being of my children. I was extremely careful, relocating our home and everything to attend this school, based on its credentials. Loved the office staff as they are friendly and helpful, but not on the playground after school. My son was becoming a horrific introvert and I couldn't understand why, as he had always been one to get straight A's and do extra activities, but that came to a screeching halt after 3 years of attendance. He now attends K12 online and loves it!

My daughter just started kindergarten with Mrs. Graham. My boys went to this school when they were younger. I will say Mrs. Graham is one of the best teachers I've ever encountered! She is organized, loving and the kids listen and respect her!

I love Sprucewood. Most of the teachers have been teaching for many years and are very experienced. The principal is involved, on top of things and very kind. There are a lot of fun projects, extracirricular activities and events that keep my kids interested and excited to go to school. Academics are priority, but an emphasis is also placed on fun!

Academically, a child couldn't be more prepared than by these caring teachers. The office staff works hard to keep on task and succeeds. The principal takes pride enough in his school to actually greet the students, curb-side in the morning and bids adieu in the afternoon. He also attends the PTA meetings. I could not have chosen a more qualified school or staff for my children.

Mr. Anderson is the principal at Sprucewood Elementary. He is extremely involved with all PTAs and is outside after school when the kids are released, as well as having an 'open-door policy which I have utilized.' Perhaps the complaint is written about the wrong school?

My daughter transferred to this school from another in the district. It was the best decision I ever made. Her teacher is wonderful, she very involved and knowledgeable. My daughter went from having a lot of difficulty keeping up to now in this year reading above grade level and no longer needing resource classes. Just her general attitude has changed and she is so confident and happy now. This school is awesome.

Last modified Sprucewood School is a Public school that serves grades K-6