Bad
Good

Some really good things going on at Union. Good behavior and grades are encouraged and rewarded. There is a positive vibe in the majority of the school. I personally feel that teachers have pretty low expectations of their students, and while we have experienced some excellent teaching, our child has also had some really bad teachers. This is not a snobby school which really appeals to us. If you want your kids to be challenged you'll have to get them in the honors classes. My eighth grader has not been required to do one ounce of reading outside of class for English this year and he has less homework than he had in 5th and 6th grades. Not good.

Union is a great school. Jr. high kids are at a tough age and the teachers and administration do a great job handling it. My kids have had great teachers and I feel they are safe there. Yes, funding could be better, but you could say the same for any school in Utah. Overall I've been very pleased with Union and feel my kids are getting what they need.

Union Middle is a great school in that there is a lot of ethnic diversity which may help Students learn to be tolerant of each other. Students are very supported by Teachers who check Students grades weekly and expect Students to perform academically.

The vice principals do a good job dealing with discipline and I've seen a great improvement since I started here. They currently have a police officer that comes in and oversees things happening at lunch and such. The counselors are great with the students and prepare them for high school and life after which. Overall, I think that I made a good choice in coming to union middle school. I have gotten a 4.0 ever since. Before I came to this school I too was a F grade student but I received tremendous help and support.

This school is full of Drug Addicted, F grade students whom think nothing better of themselves. The teachers have issues and they do NOT treat ever child the same. I have witnessed all of this in one day. Please help this school.

Last modified Union Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9