Bad
Good

This is a great school for families who want to be involved, for kids of various economic or ethnic background and who want their kids to excel academically as well as socially interact with children with a variety of backgrounds. This school is a magnet for kids who have special needs and my kids interact with them as "buddies" and have become comfortable and enjoy interacting with these children. As a parent who grew up with a brother with special needs this was an important reason why I chose to stick with the local elementary instead of moving on to more aggressive academic choices. There's more to life than academics for success, attitude counts more and I like the attitude at this school.

I highly do not recommend this school unless your a perfect parent that has a child dressed with up to date clothes, doesn't ever have loose teeth or ever have a bad day. Because if you don't or your kid have any of these then I wouldn't trust them because they will go behind your back and turn you into the state.

We have had our kids attending Willow Canyon for the past 3 years and they have thoroughly enjoyed it. My daughter got seasoned teachers who she adores and she is excelling in all of her studies (she is now in 4th grade). My first grader has had new teachers for both Kindergarten and 1st grade who I haven't been impressed with, but who are both better than some teachers I've heard about in nearby Sandy Elementary. We are outside of the school boundaries but we apply to this school each year and drive the extra distance to give our kids a better school experience. Principal Theobald was fantastic but was transferred last year and Principal Williams has done a decent job thus far but isn't as hands on or outgoing, although nice.

Our son is in his 2nd year at Willow Canyon (he's in 1st grade) and Im impressed with the staff, teachers, and the smaller class room sizes. Mr. Theobald (principal) received the rookie of the year award last year and it is well deserved. The building remodeling over the past couple of years has made a difference in the overall appearance and its a nice looking school. Great Schools.org gives is Willow Canyon an 8 out of 10 rating and that is a very good for the education system in Utah. Keep up the good work!!

My mom has been teaching there for over a decade. She brags about how great all the teachers are. I have also heard that from grown students that she taught 2nd grade to.

Last modified Willow Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5