Silver Mesa School 2

Posted October 03, 2012
I think Silver Mesa is an adequate (not great) but adequate school for families with kids who have no problems. However, look elsewhere if your kids has disabilities but is higher functioning. They look the other way ALOT and the Resource Dept is more of a babysitting service. Also be careful about speaking up - it is easy to be blacklisted. Look elsewhere if you expect more than just the status quo.

Posted July 03, 2010
I love this school. The staff and parents are incredibly friendly and helpful. They love the students and it shows in everything they do! The parents are involved in very positive ways from classroom help to fundraising to helping in various ways to make sure the school runs smoothly. The principal and teachers are caring and have high expectations of their students. The children play a bit part in this school as well in how respectful they are in adults and other students. I love this school!

Silver Mesa School 1

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted April 02, 2009
Silver Mesa has high quality teacher who are very dediacted to the children. All of my students teachers have Masters degrees. The Principal Joy Sanford is very involved with the children daily promoting reading, good citizenship. Silver Mesa also has a very strong PTA/Parent involvment

Posted March 31, 2009
If you are looking for a well-rounded eastside elementary school, take a look at Silver Mesa. Extracurricular offerings include a fabulous school choir, orchestra for beginning and intermediate strings, and math clubs for students needing extra tutoring. Literacy is a big focus with lots of reading incentives, a school wide literacy day, and reading goals for each grade. Great parental involvement and support, and teachers really know how to set the students up for success in all subject areas. In a great location, situated between two family parks with stunning mountain views, your student will enjoy everything about Silver Mesa while gaining a top-notch education. We've loved it!

Posted March 06, 2009

Posted July 30, 2008
Fantastic elementary school well-known for its emphasis on language arts, school orchestra, Masterpiece Art program, and parental involvement and support.

Posted September 02, 2007

Posted May 17, 2006
I've been very pleased with the quality of the teachers and the organized programs at Silver Mesa. They have a Masterpiece Art programs for the students to learn about different types of art from the masters, and practice different mediums in producing their own masterpieces. They have an orchestra and plenty of singing time. I've never participated in a school with so much parental involvement. It's a great school- I highly recommend it!

Posted February 10, 2005
My daughter is in Kindergarten, and it is a wonderful program. The teachers are involved and enthusiastic. I feel I am highly informed of my daughter's progress at school. I had my daughter in two different private schools for preschool, and we are as happy with Silver Mesa as we have been with the much more expensive private schools.

Silver Mesa School