Indian Hills Middle School 3

Posted September 07, 2014
I'm a student in 8th Grade in 2014. Its okay. It looks incredibly ugly with brick walls or orange dividers walls. But the teachers are pretty good. My history, science and math teachers are awesome the rest are mediocre. Could provide a better experience but isn't too bad.

Posted August 12, 2014
Wow. I can't even describe how horrible of an experience I had at this school. The teachers are completely illiterate and incompetent and it's a rarity when you can find a good teacher who can actually use correct grammar and spelling conventions. I cannot believe that they even call this place a school. There's no school spirit or involvement. Looking for a school dance? Not here. Actual sports teams? Nope. The school doesn't even have a real track! We ran in the parking lot. The music program isn't all that exceptional either. The administration is absolutely ridiculous. If you want help solving a problem, don't go to them. They will not help you. Their rules are ludicrous and unnecessary. While the bullying issue has been moderated to a dull roar, there are still tons of other things wrong with this school. The majority of the male teachers are pedophilic. The majority of the female teachers are pregnant. If you're looking for diversity, you won't find it here. Most of the kids here show up without shoes and wearing a blanket in lieu of a sweatshirt. Not because they can't afford it, but because it's "fashionable". This is a violation of the health code. I do not recommend.

Posted May 21, 2014
This school needs teachers who actually teach. The science teacher puts the students in front of a television set every day. They "learn" science from Bill Nye the science guy. The honors math teacher gives homework which she dies not bother to grade. There is a social studies teacher who is new and is still excited about teaching. She seems to be the only saving grace this year. So demoralizing

Indian Hills Middle School 2

Posted April 25, 2014
I was. a student there last year and it was quite a horrific experience, the teachers can't spend any extra time with students since the classes are all large from 30-40 students each. The school itself is too small for the amount of students it has an odd floor plan and very wide. The honors teachers are a bit crazy to top it off I spent a whole year in it ad I'm still not sure how I lived through it. I would not recommend this school.

Posted March 20, 2014
We just moved here and I have been very impressed by the school I have never seen my child so happy and so excited to go to school. The office workers were really nice and actually paid attention to you and did whatever they could to help you out. One of the greatest experiences yet. Keep up the good work. :)

Posted November 26, 2013
Ridiculous operation. The office staff is incompetent. The teachers are generally sub par and there is zero accountability for the "school fees" parents are required to pay for their child to attend. Despite the law about fees if you don't support their tactics they make it clear that your child will be subjected to a even more sub par education experience than the one they currently provide. It feels like this school is running a racket and is decades behind even average schools in their class offerings and some of their teachers. The office staff is old and uninterested just collecting a paycheck without interest in the children in the school. If you have a choice go elsewhere I know we will.

Posted August 05, 2013
This is hands down the worst school experience of my child's career. Being actively involved & volunteering at every function did nothing to support the problems my child encounter for the first time ever. My child was harassed & bullied for months on end with no support from the school's administrators. The end result was my child being exposed to 2 different kids with weapons in a single school year, nightmares, & F's for the first time. There many teachers passed their passionate years, however there is one male teacher who teaches extremely inappropriate materials that are racists, disturbing, & have nothing to do with the subject matter. He yells, demeans, & belittle his students daily. I experienced these actions personally when he attempted to shout at me outside of the school & in front of the principal, students, staff, & other parents. Unfortunately, this teacher has a long history of this type of behavior & yet nothing has been done to remove the root of the problem, vs just transferring the students who do speak up out of the class. My child had an amazing pre-k - 6th grade experience but this year tore my child down completely. We are now homeschooling.

Posted August 07, 2011
We have loved everything about Indian Hills. Our children have all loved it and blossomed while attending. Thank you to the wonderful staff!

Posted July 13, 2011
I can see why Indian Hills received an 8 for great schools in Utah. We have had such a wonderful experience here! Thank you!

Posted March 08, 2011
The counselors did not help me at all when I wanted my child to be in an honors class. I would never, ever recommend this school to anybody.

Indian Hills Middle School
1180 East Sanders Rd, Sandy, UT  84094
Last modified Indian Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9
Indian Hills Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top