Crescent School 1

Posted February 16, 2013
This school would get a 4, but it has a huge problem--it doesn't enforce its anti-bullying policies. My son was kicked and hit repeatedly when he was alone in the bathroom, DAILY, but because he didn't bruise, they didn't have any "proof," so his bully got away with it. My son knew who it was, so I went in and asked the principal to mediate a meeting between me and the boy's mother. She refused and gave me the mother's number, hoping we'd work things out between ourselves. I called her and it boiled down to my son not being the first person her son bullied and that he was working on it, which is a lie. For two years my son was bullied and the school did nothing about it.

Crescent School 4

Posted July 10, 2011
We have enjoyed having our son attend this school for the past 2 1/2 years. The teachers were very interested in our son's academic achievement. They were also very encouraging to him in the classroom. Our son had a problem with a bully in the classroom and the principal was right on top of it. The PTA sponsors the NOVA program that helps students deal with bullies. Our son used these techniques to help himself. Consider joining the PTA. They are doing great things for the students, the teachers, and the school.

Crescent School 5

Posted March 29, 2010

Crescent School 4

Posted July 31, 2009
We have two children attending Crescent Elementary and have been happy with our experience this past year. Our children both had amazing teachers! The teachers were fully committed to helping our children learn, grow, and understand the concepts that were taught. They also recognized the need to motivate and inspire our children when needed and find creative and fun ways to teach new concepts.

Crescent School 0

Posted May 10, 2009
My grandaughter has only been in this school a short time. Mrs. Stockman is a wonderful teacher and has been very helpful. But the school has a bullying problem and especially where religion is concerned. We are debating weather or not to send her there next year. There is also no help in tutoring if your not in resource, there is none at all.

Crescent School 5

Posted August 15, 2008
Crescent has a wealth of experienced teachers, many with advanced degrees and endorsements. Many after-school and gifted programs are offered. Teachers give 110% in the school day as well as into the evening and weekend hours. Test scores continue to rise each year. Technology is highly emphasized and used, enhancing the quality of the education the students receive. The students are engaged and enjoy being at Crescent.

Crescent School 1

Posted May 20, 2008
My husband & I have NOT been impressed with this school. We had been warned by others but thought we would make the best of it. We have experienced 3 different teachers. One has been fabulous whereas the other two...well....? (discpline, class control, and lack of a positive environment have been MAJOR concerns.) Our child has a very well behaved class with the exception of a few. (In fact most children are well above grade level.) But the teacher dwells on the negative few & says the whole class has been 'rotten'. (This negative feeling is experienced by parents even when helping out as well). Many parents have brought the concern of this negative environment to the attention of the principal and even held numerous meetings. But she claims it is just different teaching styles. Nothing has been resolved and many parents have seen the stress & anxiety in their children.

Crescent School